71

I walked through the streets on just another night, my hood up, the zipper of my jacket unzipped, revealing the tank top I had on under it. My ripped jeans revealing parts of my skin, as my beat up converse lightly hit the ground as I walked through the dark cold night.

My stomach growled due to the growing hunger in my stomach from not eating since yesterday afternoon. The cut on my eyebrow burned, as did the bruise on my cheekbone.

My eyes land on a tall figure, slowly walking down the sidewalk I was on. One of my hands shakily held onto the gun I held tightly in my pocket, as I run, jumping up, grabbing the person by their neck, pulling them down, holding them in a headlock, as I mutter in the man's ear, "When I let you go- you're going to give me all your money. And if you don't. I'll kill you." My voice seethed through my gritted teeth.

A laugh leaves the man's mouth, as I shout, "I'm serious!"

"All right- all right-" he puts his hands up in surrender, as I slowly let go of him, as we both stood to our feet.

My hood falls off my head once I stood up, as he slowly turns around, my eyes falling on his face, feeling as if I knew him from somewhere.

His smile fades as his eyes goes wide once his gaze lands on me, as if he was more shocked to see me than ever, as if he knew me.

"Zee?" He says my name.

"What?" I spat, my hand grabbing the gun from my pocket, aiming it at him, "How the hell do you know my name?"

"We- we went to high school together. Remember?" He informed me, as I stared at him, my aim straight.

"What's your name?" I question, feeling myself slowly slip into the conversation and forget about my robbery process.

"Barry. Barry Allen." He told me.

Then it clicked.

I did know him. I knew him from high school. Him and I a few classes together. We've only ever traded looks and a few words, but we were never friends.

"I don't care who you are." I snap back to reality, readjusting my position, "I meant what I said. I will shoot you."

"No- you won't." Barry called out quietly, slowly stepping closer to me, his hands up in surrender, noticing my lightly shaking hand.

"Who are you to tell me I won't?" I shot back at him, as he slowly takes the guns from my hands, checking it, revealing that I hadn't even loaded it.

"You weren't planning on killing anyone." Barry stares at the gun, "Because you never loaded the gun."

"I don't need a gun to hurt you for the damn money, Allen." I spat, snatching the gun and snapping it back in place.

"You have a lousy way of trying to rob someone." He spoke, his eyes still slightly wide as he pulled out his wallet, handing me a few bills.

"You're just going to give me the money?" I question quietly, staring at the bills in my hand.

Barry spoke up, "Isn't that what you wanted?"

"You're making it easier than it's supposed to be." I stare at him.

"Maybe, I'm making it easier because it's you." Barry admits to me, our eye contact not breaking.

"What?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Nothing-" he blurts out, "Nothing- I just. Just take the money."

I slowly back away, our eye contact remaining as I stepped back, shoving the money in my pocket, before turning and running the other way, running as fast as I could, away from Barry Allen.