Chapter 3

I stared into space while I fiddled with the cuff of my black sweater that was a bit to big for me as I sat in a booth next to Gloria inside a restaurant. We were waiting to meet my new family's mother. And I swore to myself that this would be my LAST one. Anything goes wrong with this one, I'm quitting families for good. What made me give a family another chance? Well...

I'm always around.

Families were always around. They were all around me. I couldn't never get away from them. I thought about a lot since I broke down. It really had me thinking about my future. Would I not have n family on my own because I turned to hate families? Would I be alone forever? No one to love? No one to cry to? Lonely people didn't need anyone, but they were so used to it. I just didn't want to believe I had to be alone forever. Without family, what is the world? I might even start killing families in rage just because...

The next thing you know, Superman would be coming to stop me. I couldn't have that neither. I couldn't have my own hero become my foe. What would that make me? It'll turn me into a loner for good.

A month had passed since I told Gloria to tell the family to go to hell and I started to feel really, really bad which was extremely weird, because I didn't feel bad for no family anymore. Yeah, I know families were people put together, but to me, it was just different.

"I'm very proud of you, Bella," Gloria said next to me. I jumped slightly, her voice snapping out my thoughts with a blink of my eyes and twisted my neck to look at her.

"Hm?"

She leaned in and whispered. "I'm very proud of you." I smiled nervously, snorted and continued to fiddle with the cuff of my sweater. Gloria noticed and pointed to the cuff. "Nervous?" she asked teasely.

I didn't know. Was I? I didn't know what to say to her. All I knew I was getting ready to shower when Gloria come into the room I sleep in and told me that I had time to shower and that I should hurry up and get dressed, we had a meeting to go to. And this was it. An interview with another family. I didn't know how Gloria had found out I had changed my mind and stumbled on a last chance. Did she over hear me talking with my poster? Did someone from the room I shared with over heard me and told her? Who knew.

"No," I stuttered. "I'm-I'm not nervous." I tucked my arms under the table into my lap. "I'm just..."

"Nervous. It's okay, Bella. It's fine to be nervous. I know you're not trying to be because of the situation, but just let it go. It'll be good for you."

I scoffed at her. Yeah right.

"Can I get you ladies something to drink?" A waiter asked who had came over. He was okay looking. Tall, curly brown hair, face full of freckles and a head standing on a long neck. I loved his hands though. They were long, wide and smooth.

"Um, maybe some coffee," Gloria replied

"Um, maybe some coffee," Gloria replied. Just then four eyes were upon me. Gloria's and the male waitress'.

"Oh, um...just a water, I guess." Gloria rose an eyebrow at me, but I shrugged her off and turnt my head to look out the window.