Chapter 24

Guess who updated? 😏 Yeah I knew it's been 1,000,000,000,000.2K years so I apologize. I'm not freely to write on my own anymore and besides Writers Block was kicking my ass. Thanks to mahreen97 for advice. AND also, MIRA! Mira_Bubblecube for the extra help. <.< *CLEARS THROAT*

Anyway with that being said, enjoy, please! and just so whoever is reading, I entered this story into the 2018 Wattys. Does this story deserve the entry? 😞

aHEM! Do comment and vote if you think so. Thanks, awesome yous.

🌌🌺🌌

Asian Momma left, I finished the beaded self portrait I did for no reason and left to wash up for the morning or so say now late morning. After I did that, I took a long soothing shower in cool water. The water seemed to wash away the tiredness I felt from the lack of sleep last night.

I dressed comfortably in high waist vintage skinny jeans overlapping a sleeveless black button front. Covering my feet with socks and Steve Madden lace up ankle boots Gloria had insisted on buying me I skidded down the stairs to swirl into the "library". All alone at home, I guess. Well, I wasn't home alone. Aunt Lillian was here with me. I had no idea where she was or what she was doing. Doing whatever she did at night probably had her sleep now. I wasn't going to judge anymore. It wasn't my family business.

I went to the shelves that held the thousands of books that should be in the library and scanned them reluctantly. I had to admit this was incredible. All the books I wanted to see were right here. Or I think. I haven't seen the writers I read which was okay. I didn't live here and it's not like they knew what I read. It wasn't there business really either...or not yet.

I brushed my index finger timidly on the skull of the books as I made my way through slowly through the hall of shelves of books. I found myself smiling but then felt dumbstruck. I couldn't help, but keep whirling the same question in my head. How could they afford all of this? Where did the money come for them to "construct." like Aunt Lillian told me. I couldn't put the pieces together. It's not like it was my business or puzzle to solve. It just weird to me. I didn't want to end up being with some family like the Beggers again.

I sighed and tried to shake away that thought. Everything would be okay. Like Gloria said, everyone is not like the Beggers. I sighed again and picked out a book. I took it and sat down at the table in the "library". To be honest, I just pulled out a random book and why? I don't know why, but its like my body just took over. The fuck...?

Still in my thought-walking strance, I opened the book and scanned the pages. Then I realized it wasn't a book because this book had personal photos and no ink and what I mean by personal photos, I mean family photos, I guess. Folding the book over, I tilted it over to glimpse at the skull. Oh. No wonder. Family Portfolio Album, it read.

I looked up from it. Hm. Should I take a look? Did I have the family right? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Maybe the answers I needed where in here. But what was I going to see in here? I inhaled in then out to calm my thoughts and myself. I was calm but my brain wasn't. It'll be okay, I tried telling myself and kept repeating it until I was confident enough to keep going with what I was doing.

Opening it back to where my finger bookmarked, the first picture I saw maybe was a young Mira? a young Grace? and perhaps a young Axel? I don't know, but looking at them closely, I could see the similar faces of them. Probably around 10...?