Chapter 26

John Hutcherson
as

¤Matthew¤
⬇️

Ian Nelsonas

Ian Nelson
as

¤Erwin¤
⬇️

¤Erwin¤⬇️

🌌🌺🌌

"I'll race you."

"I'll win."

"Wanna bet on it?"

"What do you have to bet?"

"My lunch money. If you lose, I get both shares."

"I'm not betting mine."

"The winner, which will be me, gets to decide that. Ready?"

"No, because that isn't fair. You got a lot of confidence for a guy who thinks he wins at everything."

He turned to her. "If you're referring to that basketball game the other nightㅡthat wasn't my fault. They called that foul play out of hatred. They knew we were gonna win that game. God, I hate the Vikings. Come on, don't look at the me like that. Kash, would you please tell her?"

Kash and Jessica, sitting on the bleachers side by side, were looking between Matthew and Grace. Neither of them could decide whether who was the fastest. Matthew decided to declare who today.

This duel has been going on for quite some time now. And this wasn't the first race either. One of them would always call re-match after each one because they both would come in first place.

Grace was crushing to say 'no' everytime. This was how she spent free time with Matthew instead of doing something serious like studying or watching him at basketball practice. It was cute watching Matthew play basketball. He was the shortest one out there to be a point guard. He was a hellva good shooter, though. That's where his reputation was needed.

Kash only shrugged, pursing his lips. He was sitting with his body hunched foward, his forearms on his lap. His motion didn't give Matthew satisfaction one bit. He needed an answer. "Come on, dude. Help me out here."