Chapter 18

A dark sleeve with hands inserted a key into the door after pulling back the screen door. Having difficulty from a big hairy thing on four legs on a leash pulling to enter the house with excitement made the person wearing a dark pullover, a beanie with the Batman logo peeking out from under the the hood, jeans and sneakers grunt. "Stop it! Slow down! No!" The voice loud-whispered. "Sit!" The hairy thing robotically sat at the command. "Good boy." The person exhaled with exhaustion. It was how they were feeling. Exhausted. They could use some food, ice cream and several hours of sleep. They only had about four hours.

Axel closed the door behind him quietly and turned the bolts. He removed his Nike sack from his back and dropped it at the foot of the stairs and made his way to the kitchen with the four legged furball right behind him. When they got into the kitchen, the furball's nails scrapped against the marble. Axel told the furball to sit and that furball did. He waltzed to the most important thing standing and pulled back the door. The light immediately drowned his eyes making them squint. He's been in the darkness for so long, his pupils forgot the shine of light and how it hurt.

After his pupils shrunk, they scanned the fridge

After his pupils shrunk, they scanned the fridge. They found no left overs meaning no dinner was made or maybe tonight Mom didn't make enough like some nights. Sometimes people had to donate from each other's plate or had small little kids plates because of that. He saw the ingredients for a sandwich but he was feeling too tired to even go grab the bread. Ugh. Booty. I'll just dine on some ice cream then, he thought. He wasn't too tired to fetch himself a spoon.

Having the immediate taste for the cold flavored creamy ice, he couldn't wait to swallow a whole spoon full. Yes! Let's have it. Instead of cringing at a brain frezze, he would enjoy it tonight. Flipping the spoon in his hand and humming the theme song to Batman, Axel opened up the fridge to receive the frozen goodness.

He pulled back his breath through his nose already smelling the flavorly ice

He pulled back his breath through his nose already smelling the flavorly ice. He could taste the flavorly frost bite on his tongue. Yes! Ice creeeaaㅡ He held back a sigh. Where was the ice cream?

He ducked, looking between shelves. There was no ice cream. What the hell? Heh heh. Let's try this again. He closed the frezzer. Gave it a few seconds. His eyes were deceiving him. Maybe they hadn't fully adjusted to the light yet. Okay. He put on a smug smile and pulled back to door. Ice cream here I comㅡ