Chapter 21

Taaaaaaaaadaaaaa!!! 👋😄👋

🌌🌺🌌

"Bella!"

"Maybe she's shy," Caden muttered and suggested.

"She could be dead," Deewa butted in.

"Did she fall and hit her head?" Axel cocked his head down the hall. "Was that Bella?"

That was a new voice for me so whoever said that had to be Axel. Crap. He saw me. How I looked. I slapped myself in the face.

"Bella, don't make me come in there. It won't be pretty."

Titania crossed her arms. "Nothing's ever pretty with you," she muttered.

Mira beamed. "True!" Looking down the hall, her beam vanished into a scowl. "Bella...I'm warning you." I removed my hands and gulped. Mira was not kidding. I could legitimately hear the warning in her voice. It sounded more like a death threat.

"J-just a minute," I heard myself give out an answer timidly. I worked my throat to say more but someone else beat me to it.

Axel negotiated, "We don't have a minute. Not even seconds." I exhaled again this time to calm my panic or anxiety. It was really high to where I started to feel light headed and sweaty. I hope it wasn't obvious. I brought myself to where everywhere stood, brushing myself down the best way I could. Everyone eyes were immediately on me making me regret the 15 steps I took. I bit my lip to keep my shaky breathing at bay.

"Axel." Mira's arm flew around my shoulder. She was the people's person for sure. Stranger or not. "This is our newest sister, please welcome her into the the family with one of your..." She waved her other hand quizzically. Axel blinked at her with a straight mouth but smiled at me. He extended his hand.

"Sorry we didn't get to meet yesterday when you become apart of the family..." I wanted to say not officially but I kept quiet. "...but here we are now. Face to...well not face to face. We aren't facing each other. More like shoulder in front of shoulder...no, more like in a 45° degree angle..." He began to gesture in a 45° degree angle or tried to. He cocked his head and closed one eye. "Uh...I could never really do the math, but...nice to finally meet you, Bella. I'm Batㅡ" Everyone overlapped on cue.

"Eeh!" Titania snapped her fingers.

Mira sliced her throat. "Zip it."

"91, 62, 78..." Caden spaced out.

"Tokyo Ghoul is so amazing..." Deewa tsked in her own awe.

Axel tried again because he was him. "Baㅡ"

"We should go," everyone said and pushed towards the door, me still in Mira's arm. Axel groaned.

"Come on, guys. I deserve a proper introduction."

"You deserve to be killed for your awareness." Grace yelled from upstairs. All eyes widened including mine.

"Damn, she could hear that?" Caden wondered.

"I'm telling you," Deewa said, "when it comes to getting on Grace's bad side, her ears grow huge like Will Smith's."

"I believe Tommy Lee Jones' are the hugest..."

"No." Axel shook his head. "Stuart Little."

"Naw," came the voice of Momma Asian. She was holding a bowl and a fork twisting ramen noodles. "It's Clifford the big red dog."

"Dumbo..." I muttered half like a whisper. I don't know what made me jump in like that but seriously...I felt the need to say it. The gang went completely silent as if God told them to. I downcasted my eyes to the floor feeling like I just interpreted a big game by calling out the wrong play or hoot. I wanted sink into the ground.