6

The way Jimmy had acted with me played on my mind almost all night, making it nearly impossible for me to sleep. I stirred practically the entire time, the same crazy thoughts running through my head. Could he like me? Was I overthinking things? What the fucking hell was going on?

One thing I knew for sure though was how I felt when I felt his breath on me. It seriously turned me on, which was something I felt guilty for even thinking. I had the love of my life not even 2 hours away, someone who I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with. This thing with Jimmy was stupid. I was being stupid.

I knew I wouldn't be seeing Jimmy much as I wasn't going to be working every weekend and he hardly saw the girls during the week, but how could I cope if this happened every time we were together? Could I stick at this job?

I felt like I'd been asleep for only minutes when I got awoken at around 7AM to the front door slamming closed, the sound making me sip upright in bed. After listening for a few moments I realised it was Nancy, and a new set of feelings came over me. How would Jimmy act with her there?

Jimmy had told me I could sleep in today as Nancy was back early, but I just couldn't get back to sleep at all. I lay there in silence, listening to her waking the girls up, her voice so happy and cheery. I know nothing had happened between me and Jimmy, and it would certainly never get to that point, but I just felt so weird.

I called James at around 8, forgetting that he had been out the previous night until he answered the phone with a groan. "Oh shoot, sorry, did I wake you?" I asked, feeling a little bad.

"Yeah, yeah, but it's okay, babe," he muttered. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing, I just wanted to chat. But I can call you later, when you're more alive."

"You sure?" He sounded half dead.

"Of course," I smiled. "Speak to you later, baby. I love you."

"Love you," he mumbled, before the line went dead. I lay there for a little longer, scrolling through Facebook and Twitter, before finally deciding I should probably get up. I got changed into some more respectable clothes and headed downstairs, making my way to the kitchen. I was relieved to see Jimmy was still in bed, and Nancy was sitting giving the girls their breakfasts. Her face lit up when she saw me.

"Izzie!" She smiled warmly. "Come sit, have some toast. How are you?"

"I'm good," I responded, going to sit by Winnie and Franny who were, as usual, glued to their iPad. "Hey Win, Fran. Have they been up for long?"

"Around an hour," Nancy said, handing me a plate. "How did you sleep? Jimmy texted me saying you guys had quite a bit of wine last night." I snapped my head up to look at her, but she didn't look angry or anything. I was surprised Jimmy had told her.

"I slept okay," I lied. "And yeah, we went to that Italians with the girls. It was really good."

"Yes, it's our favourite," she replied. I turned my attention to buttering my toast, ignoring her gaze. "Did you have a good night?" She continued.

"Mmhm," I smiled back up at her, before taking a bite of my toast. "Yeah, it was nice."

"Great," she replied. "I wanted to talk to you about your shifts next week. Hayley is back at around 5 today, so you can finish up then. Then we won't need you until Wednesday, where you'll stay until Friday night. I'm not sure if that'll be here, or in the city, but I will let you know."

I nodded, making a mental note to text James and let him know. She went on talking for a little longer, getting onto the topic of getting me a car and insisting she would try and get it done by Wednesday, so it would be easier for me from then on.