41

"Charlie, please tell your sister to hurry up. We need to go!"

I hurried along the 3 year old boy, ruffling his mop of dark hair as he ran off into his little sisters room, dragging his feet behind him.

"And pick your feet up!" Jimmy's voice came from behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist a second later. Goosebumps spread across my body, my hand moving over his. There was no difference between now and when we first met all those years ago - I still felt an incredible happiness spread over me whenever he touched me. He still gave me butterflies like he had the first time, every single time he looked into my eyes.

"Is Ivy still playing?" He asked as I span around to face him, moving my arms to drape around his neck.

"I think so. I got Charlie to hurry her along."

"You think a 3 year old can do that?" He smirked, raising her eyebrows. "He's probably in there playing too."

"Well, we can be a little late," I grinned, getting on my tip toes to kiss him. "There's no real rush."

He kissed me deeply back, his fingers lifting the hem of my shirt up and tickling my bare skin. "That's not what you said when I begged for 20 more minutes in bed this morning."

"The kids were waking up! And you were on breakfast duty."

"I know, I know... but I really needed those 20 minutes."

"How about we make up those 20 minutes in bed right now?" I raised my eyebrows, watching the grin spread across his face.

"You are insatiable, Isabel Fallon," he hummed, but his hands crept down to my ass, squeezing as he kissed me again longingly.

We were distracted again by Charlie coming back into the room, this time followed by his twin sister, her dark hair tied in a messy knot on the top of her head.

"Did you try to do your hair yourself, sweetie?" I asked, sitting down on the floor and getting her to sit on my lap, trying to put the hair tie out without hurting her.

I fixed her hair as Jimmy helped Charlie put his shoes on, my heart nearly bursting at the sweetness of it. There was just something about seeing Jimmy with children - how incredible he was with them, how much he cared about what they were saying. Most people would disregard a 3 year old's mindless chatter, but Jimmy invited it in, engaging in a proper conversation with him. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen.

"When will Mommy be back, Auntie Izzie?" Ivy asked me as we stood up, looking a lot more presentable than she had a few minutes ago.

"Later today, sweetheart."

Jimmy and I were looking after Kara and Rob's twins for a few days whilst they were away on a trip, and as amazing as they were, they were a bit of a handful. They were nowhere near as disciplined as Winnie and Franny were - I think Kara was a bit lax with the whole parenting thing. Just last night, Charlie decided to walk into the lounge and turn the TV on at 3AM - when Jimmy went out and questioned him, he said his mom and dad always let him watch cartoons when he couldn't sleep.

We were taking them to see Jimmy's show getting taped today, which they were extremely excited for, but I hoped they would behave themselves. "Best behaviour today, kids," Jimmy told them as we helped them into their coats, his thoughts mirroring mine. "You can't be showing me up at my place of work."

"Your place of work?" Ivy frowned, looking confused.

"The show, sweetie," he smiled fondly down at her.

"Uncle Jimmy, are you a celebrity?" Charlie asked, looking adorable in his red puffer coat.

"Naw, but your Aunt is," he winked at me. I stuck my tongue out in retaliation.