40

*A few months later*

"So how are things going with you and Jimmy?"

I looked across at the interviewer, pondering what to say for a moment. On one hand, I wanted to shout from the roof how much I was in love with this man, and how perfectly perfect our life was together. We had been looking for apartments together, planning marriage and even children, which was just crazy to say. He was everything I could ever want, and all I wanted to was to tell every single person I could just how in love with him I was.

However, on the other hand, I wanted to keep us a secret. I didn't want the world to know about our life, our laughter, our love. I didn't want them to know about how he would bring me a cup of coffee in bed every single morning, no matter what time it was, or if I had to get up before him. I didn't want them to know about how he would text me at nearly every opportunity he got through the day, whether it be when he was on his way to work, or between guests on his show, typing quickly underneath the desk. I wanted it all to be secret. I wanted our moments to remain ours.

Of course, it was impossible to keep everything secret - our entire lives were laid out for the world to view if they wanted to. They knew Jimmy Fallon and Isabel Rhodes - but they didn't know us.

The woman smiled encouragingly at me, and I opened my mouth to speak. "Things are going great with me and Jimmy. I'm just... I'm so happy. The happiest I've been in a long time."

I looked down the red carpet and caught eyes with Jimmy, who was also getting interviewed and gave me a huge smile. We were on the red carpet for Justin's new movie, and had just walked down and got photos taken together which was amazing. This was pretty much our first public appearance as a couple too, which made it extra special.

"Well, I can see you two looking at each other, so I'll let you get back to your man," the lady from E! smiled. "Nice seeing you, Izzie."

"You too," I beamed back, before walking toward Jimmy, who had just finished up his interview too. He was looking incredibly handsome, in a black tux with a blue bow tie, perfectly matching my dress. "All good?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I missed you," he grinned widely, his hand moving to small of my back as we started to head into the theatre. "10 minutes away from you is way too long."

"Jimmy, you spend nearly every day away from me when you're at work," I smirked, and he responded by squeezing my waist, laughing slightly. "But for the record, I missed you too."

We stopped when we were inside the foyer, where he turned to face me. "I love you, Izzie Rhodes. Have I mentioned that before?"

"You may have, once or twice," I grinned. "But for the record, I love you too."

"Yes, but... you don't realise how much I love you," he whispered, moving his hand up to stroke my face, something strange in his eyes.

"I do," I replied, frowning slightly. "Is everything okay, Jimmy?"

"Perfect," he smiled again, before leaning forward to kiss me on the tip of my nose. "Come on. Let's go inside."

--

The movie was amazing as expected, and straight afterwards we headed to 30 Rock, where the afterparty was being held in the Rainbow Room. I slightly tipsy already, after Jimmy had bought us a bottle of wine to share whilst we watched the movie, and the drinks were so readily flowing the second we got here.

"So have you got any projects coming up Izzie?" Jessica asked me. We were all sat in a booth in the corner - her, Justin, me and Jimmy. It still felt a little surreal to me to just so casually to be hanging out with Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel, but the more alcohol I was drinking was making it a little easier. "Justin and I watched your film, Nerve," she added, and I almost had a mini heart attack. "You were great in it."