Chapter 1 [Part 1]

Kristin's pov

I fell asleep and straight into a nightmare. Just like every night ever since I could remember. The present nightmare feels like it's really happening. I've been having this same nightmare for a month. In the nightmare I'm in bed sleeping and wake up to see something but when I wake up in the morning I don't remember what that something was. All I know is, it's too scary and I'm better off not knowing but I don't think I can take having this nightmare again.

I could feel the nightmare coming and my heart rate sped up in horror just thinking of what was to come.I tried to wake up but it was no use, it was like someone was forcing me to have the nightmare and for a reason I didn't know. Why do I keep on having this nightmare? What does it even mean? Will it ever stop? I was loosing sleep over the nightmare, the only time I actually slept was during the nightmare. No matter how much I tried to stay awake, I always managed to fall asleep. When I was tired, it was impossible to stay awake. The nightmare goes on for hours as well which can't be good for me and has got to stop.

Finally, I awoke and the nightmare was over. As usual, my brain had no memory of what I had seen. I rushed out of bed to prevent falling back to sleep and back to the nightmare. I stripped until bare and got into the shower. I needed a shower before work.

I started working when I was 18, I had no choice because I had just left home. My parents disowned me because they thought my birth was a mistake, they never wanted me and I never saw any love from them. As soon as I turned 18, my parents deemed me old enough to look after myself and told me to leave. I didn't put up a fuss or anything because I didn't want to stay somewhere where I wasn't wanted so I packed my stuff then left and never looked back. It was difficult at first, I had no money and had nowhere to go.

I eventually found a homeless charity who took me in. Living there wasn't pleasant, the room I was given was old with dust everywhere. The bed was on it's last legs with a creaky mattress and the room was always occupied with at least one rat which gave me the creeps and it meant I had to sleep with one eye open to make sure it didn't bite me. I guess it was a small price to pay to have a roof over my head and 3 meals a day. The food wasn't great, it was bland or unhealthy but without it, I would have died.

When I found an office job and got it, I was so happy. The pay wasn't much but after 2 years of saving every last penny, I was able to afford the deposit for a flat. It was on the first floor of 12 floors and wasn't much but it was better than the homeless charity.

It's been 4 years since I left my parents and I don't regret a thing. I still have the same job in an office but I don't mind, I like my job and I like living independently. I don't have to worry about anyone else and am only responsible for myself.

I got out the shower and changed into my underwear and work uniform which consisted of black trousers, shirt and jumper with black flat shoes. I combed my straight blonde hair and tied it up with a band. Then I applied a little make up of eyeliner around my eyes and mascara on my lashes with a light moisturiser to my face.

I grabbed my Jacket and car keys before getting into my blue car. I decided to stop at a cafe for breakfast. I had eggs, bacon and hash browns with orange juice. A fry up in the morning was never a good idea but I was craving it and had to have one.

When I finished eating I drove to work with a coffee.

***

When my shift was over, I made my way home. It was 6.30 by the time I arrived home. I loved coming home, it meant I could relax. I changed out of my uniform to white shorts and a light yellow tank top with white woolly slippers. I made some cheese pasta for dinner and after eating it, I went straight to bed and fell asleep while completely forgetting that the nightmare was on it's way.

When I did remember, I waited and waited for the nightmare to come but that night it never did. I didn't dream of anything, how strange.

Then I woke up in the middle of the night. It was pitch black in the room and I couldn't see a thing. I felt something move on my bed, it seemed to be getting closer until I could feel someone's breath on my face. I moved back hurriedly without thinking and ended up crashing into the headboard of my bed.

"Are you alright?" a deep voice asked in the darkness as it sent shivers down my spine. It sounded like a guy's voice but I couldn't be sure if it was a guy or a girl without seeing them.

"Who are you?" I asked as I tried to catch a glimpse of who I was talking to but failed.

"Nobody," the voice trailed off.

It looks like it's gone. I got out of bed to switch the light on and looked towards my bed to see that no one was there. Maybe I imagined it all or did I?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow for more updates!