Chapter 27 [Part 1]

Despite my reservations about Tom's word, he actually stayed true to his word like he had promised me. He moved out of the room we were sharing despite it being his and took a room down the hallway to give us the space I had asked for. I wasn't sure about the room I was staying in as it looked exactly like the old room I had in my human life. It was a constant reminder of the life I had lost and could never get back. When I expressed this to Tom, he said he was happy for me to change it to the way I pleased and instantly got a meeting booked with the best Vampire interior designer around. I spoke to the designer and despite being shown a vast amount of colours, designs and layouts, I just couldn't decide. I'd never had the opportunity to renovate without having to worry about how much it would all cost. I had to apologise for wasting the designer's time even though he assured me it was fine as he was already working on a big event that required full attention to detail and would be happy to work with me on anything in the future should I need his help which I thanked him for before he rushed out to get back to his work.

When Tom found out, he had the illusion he had put over the room removed to reveal what the room actually looked like and it looked nothing like my old room. It looked more like the rest of the rooms in the Palace, fit for royalty with silk curtains, jewelled lights, expensive furniture, laminate flooring with a rug in the centre and a ginormous adjoined bathroom.

"What do you think?" Tom asked me curiously.

"It's great but it's your room, I should take another room," I decided. It was wrong of me to have the Prince's room when we aren't even together. We're starting from the beginning so it makes sense for me to have a different room.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Ok, pick a room and I'll the maids to set everything up for you," Tom gestured for me to follow him out of the room and we walked around the floor until I picked out a room. The room I had chosen was around the corner and towards the end of the hallway from Tom's room. Tom told a nearby servant to get all the maids there right away. The servant bowed and disaappeard to do as Tom had ordered.

A few seconds later, 10 maids appeared and Tom picked a few of them who would be my personal maids from now on. I don't need maids, I'm perfectly capable of doing everything for myself which I voiced to Tom but he shrugged it off and said I was a Princess and Princesses are not allowed to lift a finger. This just keeps on getting better I thought to myself but at least Tom is staying true to his word and not forcing me to do anything like he was before. Now, I have a choice which is more than I ever expected from him. I hope it stays this way, I don't want to go back to where we were and have to leave him. I want this to work. I know it's early days but if Tom keeps this up then he may get his wish to be with me, I really hope he has genuinely changed and there are no further consequences for either of us.

***

Within the next couple of minutes, the maids had set up my new room. They offered to run me a bath and help me undress but that is where I put my foot down. I will not be undressing in front of anyone even if they are my maids and it is part of their job so I don't have to do anything but that is taking it too far. There was no need for it. Plus I didn't need a bath right then. I'd already had a bath in the morning.

When the maids finally left, I gave a sigh of relief before closing the door behind them. I made my way to the bed and sat down to think about what to do until the next meal.

"It great to see your room back to the way it was originally Thomas," I heard Patrisha say with my advanced hearing. I didn't mean to hear her but I did. "It did not suit you,"

"Again with the Thomas thing Mom," Tom replied. I could clearly hear the annoyance in his tone of voice. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Tom?

"I am your mother and I will address you with your full name or nothing at all Thomas," Patrisha said sternly. "There will be no Tom's around here,"

"But Mom-" Tom tried to argue but the Queen was having none of it and kept him in his place. I heard footsteps walking away and eventually silence which meant she had gone. I heard Tom cursing to himself before slamming the door shut.

***

A few hours had passed and I had managed to fall asleep. Knocking on my door managed to wake me up. I realised I was sprawled over the bed and sat up.

"One second," I said before rushing to look in the mirror linked to the dressing table. Thankfully my appearance was fine and I went to answer the door. I was surprised to see it was Tom. What is he doing here? I wasn't expecting to see him any time soon. "Tom?"

"Hi, how are you settling into your new room?" Tom asked.

"Ok thanks,"

"Good. I was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with me in the rose garden tomorrow," Tom said confidently and went straight to the point but I could tell he was nervous as he stared into my eyes awaiting my reply. My eyes widened in surprise. I wasn't expecting Tom to ask me out so soon when I've just agreed to give him another chance. Well it's not a date as we'll still be in the palace grounds but we'll be alone so technically it is a date right?. I guess it won't cause any harm to say yes seeing as he's actually asked me and given me a choice unlike before where he'd just have taken me whether I wanted to or not. Things are different now.

"Uh sure," I agreed and Tom smiled before saying

"Great! I'll meet you there at 1pm tomorrow,"

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow my profile and add this book to your library to receive notifications for future updates!