Chapter 7 [Part 1]

Tom's pov

I was furious, How dare she just barge into my room.

"Mom what are you doing in my room?" I asked my Mother who was fuming.

"Thomas what have you done to your room?" my Mum asked while looking around my room with clear disgust on her face.

"It's my room, I can have it the way I want and don't call me Thomas. My name is Tom,"

"Don't you dare tell me what I can and can't call you. You may have your father wrapped around your little finger but not me," Mum said before her gaze went to Kristin.

"Who's she and what have you done to her? Is she human?" Mum asked then sniffed the air and looked at Kristin's terrified face.

"She's Kristin and she's mine. I haven't done anything to her," I said while putting my arm around Kristin protectively as my mom tried to reach her. Surprisingly, Kristin let me touch her without a fuss.

"What do you mean she's yours?" Mum asked and stopped in front of me.

"I love her," I said proudly.

"What did you say?" Mum asked with her temper rising.

"You heard me, I love her," I confirmed.

"You can't love a human," Mum scoffed.

"I can," I said.

"No you can't," Mum argued.

"Why not?"

"Because I won't allow it,"

"I will be with her and you can't stop me,"

"I can. I'm the queen, you will obey me," Mum said in a raised voice. Kristin is my mate and Mum is supposed to be happy for me not the total opposite. I should have known this would happen. Mum has never been supportive with my decisions.

"Only if Dad agrees, he's the king and his word is final. I know for a fact he'll let me be with Kristin," I said with a smirk. Dad loves me too much to say no to me and I don't know of any time he has refused a request of mine.

"We'll see, we'll talk to him right now, come on," Mum grabbed my arm roughly and tried to pull me towards the door but I wouldn't budge.

"Come on Thomas," Mum warned.

"I'm not going anywhere without Kristin," I decided. There is no way I am leaving my mate alone. Who knows what could happen to her in my absence.

Mum sighed before reluctantly saying

"Fine bring the human with you,"

I don't know why Mum doesn't like my mate. Just because Kristin is human, it doesn't mean Mum can hate her. She has to like my mate because I love her. Why is Mum so difficult about things? Dad has known about Kristin since I met her and has asked to see her many times but I always said no because I knew Kristin would hate me. I know she already hates me for turning up out of the blue and kidnapping her not long after but I had no choice. She is my mate and has to come to terms with that. She will never accept me while she has freedom in her own world but she will now that she is in a universe unknown to her. I hope.

I took Kristin's hand and we followed Mum who began to run with her Vampire speed ability. After a second, she disappeared and Kristin's eyes went wide in surprise. Soon she will get used to seeing Vampires using their abilities and nothing will astonish her.

I picked Kristin up in my arms and ran to catch up with Mum.

We rushed down the hallway to the left to a door which led to another hallway. Then the stairway was visible and we took them up 2 floors to Mum and Dad's room.