Chapter 18 [Part 1]

Patrisha's pov

I never saw this coming, my son having a human mate. I don't like it at all but Kristin makes Tom happy so I suppose I'll get used to her in time, I mean she's Tom's mate she not likely to be going anywhere. I guess I was wrong about that though because she ran away.

That was a week ago, even though I'm not fond of Kristin I really hoped Tom had found her by now like the last time so he would come home.

A few hours earlier, a girl matching Kristin's apperance was found and I'm on my way to see her with some guards.

I reached the place she was spotted and when I saw her she immediately fell to the ground. I ran over to her and checked her pulse but there was no pulse, she was dead.

I'm not sure if she is Kristin but she looks similar with the blonde hair but only Tom will know if she is Kristin because he knows her better than anyone.

I told the guards to pick up the girl's body and lay her in the back of the car then he drove us back to the palace. When I entered the Palace Tom and Richard were waiting for me.

"Mum where's Kristin? Why have you returned alone?" Tom asked me in confusion.

"Tom the girl we found matching Kristin's appearance is dead," I told Tom gently.

"What? Kristin is dead?" Tom asked me in panic.

"We don't know if it is Kristin, maybe you should take a look at the body," I suggested.

"Ok," Tom agreed.

"Follow me," I said and we went outside into the courtyard and there on the floor was the body. Tom went up to the body and took a good look.

"It's her," Tom said after a minute with no emotion.

"Are you sure Tom?" I asked.

"I'm sure," Tom replied then without another word he ran inside the palace, I heard him go into his room and slam the door shut.

Half an hour later, I went up to his room to check up on him.

"Tom are you alright?" I asked gently but Tom didn't answer.

"Tom can I come in?" I asked but still no answer so I decided to just walk in, I know he doesn't like me doing that but he should have answered me.

I walked in but Tom wasn't there so I checked his bathroom and what I saw was heart breaking. Tom had drowned himself in the bath tub. I didn't know if he was dead or alive. I ran to him and pulled him out of the bath tub.

"RICHARD GET UP HERE NOW," I screamed in tears.

A second later, Richard was beside me and was helping me take our son to the doctor.

We layed Tom down gently, the doctor checked him over and did some tests while I cried into Richard's chest.

"It's ok love, everything's going to be alright. Our son will be fine and we'll get through this," my husband tried to assure me but it only made me cry harder.

An hour later, all the checks and tests were done. The Doctor had a better idea of what was going on.

"Well doctor what's going on?" Richard asked the doctor.

"There's good and bad news your majesty," the doctor replied.

"What's the good news?" Richard asked.

"The good news is that the Prince is alive,"

"And the bad news?"

"The Prince is in a coma and I don't know if he'll wake up or if he'll make it. I'm sorry there's nothing I can do, you should prepare for the worst," the doctor said sympathetically.

"Thank you for your help, are you sure there's nothing that can be done to save our son?" Richard asked with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"Well.......  There is one thing," the doctor began.

"What is it?" Richard demanded.

"He needs his mate. Only she can help him,"

"His mate is dead," I commented.

"Then I'm sorry. he won't make it without her," the doctor said and turned to leave.

"All we can do know is keep an eye on him and hope for the best, I'll pop in later to check how he is. If anything changes, call me," the doctor said and then left the room leaving me and my husband by our dying son's side.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!