Chapter 29 [Part 1]

Over the next few months, things continued going well between Tom and I. We've become really good friends and I enjoy spending time with him, unlike before when I couldn't stand to be around him because of the way he was treating me. Tom really has changed and I've been thinking about what is next for us. Tom hasn't mentioned anything or pushed me into a relationship, he really has stuck to his word for which I am grateful for but I think I am ready now. The only problem is that I don't know how to go about it but at least there is no fear of rejection. It's clear Tom wants to be in a relationship with me but he's holding back and waiting for me to make the first move because he doesn't want to lose me again.

I guess I should just wait for the right moment. I don't know when that will be or how I will do it but in that moment, it will all be clear, hopefully.

"What are you thinking about?" Tom asked from beside me on a bench in the rose garden before I could think about what I was thinking about more. This really is my favourite part of the palace grounds. It's so peaceful here and seems to be where Tom and I have hung out the most.

"Nothing important," I sighed. If Tom knew what I'm thinking about, he will disagree because the most important thing to him is me and if he knew that I am ready to be in a relationship with him in the right way, he would be over the moon as it's what he's wanted from the beginning. However, it couldn't happen because of the way he was treating me. It was all wrong and doomed to go nowhere. Now, that he is treating me right, it's a different story and it could go somewhere.

"It's not nothing," Tom disagreed with a knowing look. "What's worrying you?"

"Nothing, I promise." I promised. It's the truth, I'm not worried about anything, I'm just nervous about approaching Tom about us being a couple.

"It can't be nothing Kristin," Tom continued to voice his thoughts to me. "You've been quiet for the last couple of minutes. There's definitely something on your mind,"

"There is something on my mind," I relented. "But it's nothing bad, I promise,"

"If you insist," Tom let it go but I could tell he didn't believe me and nothing more was said on the matter. He must of realised it wasn't something I wanted to discuss and let it be but it was making things get awkward because he knew something was up. He eventually stood up to leave me alone, probably thinking I needed some space from him but that was far from what I wanted. I didn't want him to give me space. I wanted him but didn't know how to make it happen. It was when Tom was almost out of the room when I kind of knew.

"Tom, wait," I called and began to follow him. Tom stopped as soon as he heard his name leave my lips and waited until I was stood in front of him. "Stay,"

"Kristin, I don't understand, I thought you wanted-" Tom began to say with a confused frown on his face but I didn't give him a chance to finish. I reached up and placed my lips on his.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow my profile and add this book to your library to receive notifications for future updates!