Chapter 20 [Part 1]

Kristin's pov

I was sitting in the small room that had been mine for the past 6 months while living with Seth. I fully recovered from my fall a few days after it happened and was ready to leave but I had nowhere to go, I had no money and I didn't know anyone in the Vampire world except Tom, his family and now Seth who seemed to be human. Seth let me stay with him, in fact he begged me to stay because he was so lonely in his cabin. During these past few months, Seth and I have become good friends but I have a feeling Seth likes me more than a friend because just the other day he tried to kiss me.

Flashback

I was sitting with Seth in the living room on the couch and we were watching a movie with popcorn, it was a movie about Werewolves, I can't remember what it was called though. Seth's been getting me to watch a lot of Werewolf movies lately and asking me what I think.

"So what do you think of Werewolves Kristin?" Seth asked curiously.

"I've never met a Werewolf and don't think they exist but if they did and were anything like the Werewolves in the movies then I wouldn't mind meeting one because they are kind of cute," I replied.

"How do you know they don't exist?"

"They can't exist, I would have met one by now if they did," I refused to believe the existence of werewolves but what if they do exist. I never thought Vampires were out there and now am one. Maybe there are other supernatural beings out there that I don't know about yet.

"You could have already met one without realising," Seth implied.

"I doubt that," I disagreed. If I'd have met a werewolf, I'm sure I would have known.

"They could exist though. I mean Vampires exist, you're a Vampire," Seth said. Seth had found out about me being a Vampire quickly because of how fast I was healing. I denied it at first thinking he would be afraid of me if he knew but he surprised me, he accepted me immediately.

I didn't say anything, this conversation was going nowhere.

"If you did by any chance find a Wolf guy who was like the good looking one's in the movies, would you go out with him?" Seth asked with a hopeful look and started to lean forward so he was closer to me.

"No," I answered quickly.

"Why not?" Seth demanded with a look of hurt on his face. I don't know why he is getting upset about this, it's not like he is a Wolf.

"Because I have a mate who is a Vampire"

"You ran away from him so you could date anyone," Seth reminded me of what I had done and by then his face was only an inch away from mine.

"You could even date me if you wanted to," Seth surprised me.

"What?" I asked as I stood up off the couch.

"I can't date you Seth," I stated firmly.

"Why not don't you like me?" Seth asked in a hurt voice. I knew he liked me.

"I do like you but not like that," I stated my honest opinion. Seth is a great friend but I can't imagine being more than friends with him not with Tom being my mate. I know I ran away from him but at the end of the day he is my mate and once I'm ready to settle down I may go back to him. Knowing Tom, he will never let me be with anyone but him. If I even think about being with anyone else, the guy will probably be murdered on Toms orders for treason. I can't let that happen to anyone even Seth who is crushing on me right now.

"You could like me,"

" I won't and besides we're really good friends. I don't want to spoil that,"

"We would be so much better as more than friends," Seth disagreed.

"No we wouldn't and it wouldn't be a good idea because you will find your mate soon,"

"I won't have a mate," Seth confidently told me.

"You will," I insisted.

"I won't," Seth replied surely.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because Werewolves don't have mates," Seth blurted out without thinking and then I realised he wasn't a human like I thought he was, he was a Werewolf.

"You're a werewolf?" I asked in panic.

"It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you," Seth cooed.

"But you're a Werewolf," I stated.

"So? We're friends, why would I want to hurt you?" Seth asked and I calmed down a little because he was right and if he wanted to hurt me, he would have done it by now.

"This is why you've been asking me about Werewolves because you're one," I realised. Everything makes sense now.

"Yes, so what do you think?" Seth asked nervously.

"Well..... It explains a lot,"

"Really how?" Seth asked.

"Well...... You eat a lot more than a human would, you disappear for hours at a time every day and sometimes you growl," I said.

"Oh,"

"So why don't Werewolves have mates then?" I asked curiously.

"We choose our own mate and once we do we are together for life," Seth said, oh boy. I hope that's not me.

"Please tell me you don't choose me," I pleaded.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you that when I think you're the one," Seth told me what I knew was true boy didn't want to be hearing.

"And I'm sorry too because we can only ever be friends because I have a mate who I plan on going back to soon," I apologised and saw Seth's face fall into sadness.

"But why, you ran away from him?" Seth asked in surprise and I heard him growl.

"I only ran away for some space. I was planning of going back to him, I belong with him," I explained.

"When are you going back?" Seth simply asked.

"When I'm ready,"

End of Flashback

After that day, Seth kept his distance. We were still friends but it wasn't the same because it was clear Seth was in love with me.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door but Seth wasn't home, it was just me. The knocking got louder and turned into thumps then I heard a loud bang and it sounded like the front door had been broken down. Loud footsteps made way to the bedroom door and stopped with silence, I thought whoever had broken in left but then the door flew open and there stood someone I wasn't expecting to see.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!