Chapter 22 [Part 1]

Tom was laying in his bed on his back with the duvet covering him, I walked to the bed and carefully sat down beside him. Tom looked awful, he had dark circles under his eyes and he looked very weak.

This made me feel bad for leaving him but he did this to himself, he kidnapped me and forced me to be with him but that doesn't mean I won't do everything I can to help him. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it gently with the hope that he would wake up, open his eyes at least but he didn't move. I felt his pulse on his wrist, his pulse was weak and so was his breathing.

Then Tom's parents walked into the room with the Doctor.

"Any luck?" Richard asked me.

"No," I replied sadly. I really hoped being close to Tom would get a reaction out of him but it didn't.

"It's good that you're here, you're the only one that has any chance of helping Tom now but it will take time," the Doctor told me.

"Of course it will take time I just got here," I replied yet I didn't believe my own words. Tom may never wake up.

"We wouldn't be here in this situation if it wasn't for you," Patrisha glared at me. I knew she would blame this all on me. She's never liked me and I doubt she ever will.

"This is not my fault, it'sTom's. He's the one who kidnapped me and forced me to stay here. I only left for some space I was going to come back eventually,"

"You were going to come back?" Patrisha asked in a small voice with surprise written all over her face.

"Yes. he is my mate. I had to come back I wasn't going to leave him forever," I confirmed.

"When were you planning of coming back exactly?" Patrisha asked

"When I was ready to forgive him,"

"Do you forgive him now?" Richard asked.

"No," I replied truthfully

"Then what was the point coming back?" Patrisha demanded with another glare at me.

"To help him," I told the truth.

"It's still you're fault, you could have told us you wanted to stay away for a while if you needed space, I'm sure Tom would have allowed it," Patrisha insisted.

"We both know that's a lie, Tom wouldn't let me out of his sight," I argued.

"This doesn't change anything. In fact by running away, you've only made things worst for yourself," Patrisha told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"When Tom's recovers, he won't leave you alone again because he'll think you'll leave him again," Patrisha explained with a smirk.

"I won't leave him again," I promised.

"He's not going to believe that, things won't be easy Kristin," Richard told me.

"I know but we'll get through it, I'm sure of it, we're mates,"

"Only when it suits you, just because he's in a coma he's your mate. When he recovers you won't even acknowledge him as you're mate," Patrisha said.

"That won't happen," I denied but I wasn't really sure what would happen when Tom awoke.

"It will happen, you will hurt him again," Patrisha insisted.

"I won't,"

"You will, that's all you've ever done from the moment Tom laid eyes on you. All he did was love you and look how you repaid him, you don't deserve him. The sooner Tom sees that the better, you good for nothing little-" Patrisha began to curse me.

"Enough," Richard ordered and took Patrisha out of the room.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow me and add this story to your library for instant update notifications!