Recovery

Another quick heads up, there is a bit of blood mentioned in this chapter, so if you get squeamish around blood, this is a heads up. Okay, you've been warned.

Tbh, it's not that bad, but I'm just warning if you.

Anyway one with the story....

Cole's POV

Ugh.... My head Kills. Why does it hurt so much? Wait, did I get hit? Or punched? Yes, I got punched, but by who?

"THE OVER LORD!" I shouted, sitting up way to fast from lying down. I got a sudden head rush and I felt like I was going faint. Again.

I grabbed my head and tried to massage the killing headache in my brain away.

"Easy there, Cole" A voice said.

I turned to meet a worried looking Seliel kneeling down beside me.

"Hey" she whispered.

"What- what happened?" I asked her, my head still feeling like a drum was being playing inside it.

"The Over Lord attacked us....... we...... We lost" she sighed.

It was at this point that I noticed everyone else either lying on the floor unconscious or tending to those who had bad gashes on their bodies. I saw Jay cradling Nya's head in his lap, sobbing quietly. He brushed a few stray strands of hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.

I felt bad for him, even though we had only known her for a short time, we all had a connection to her, and Kai, like we'd known them forever. They were like family to me. To us.

I turned my focus into Seliel again. She had no visible cuts, but her pink hair was matted with dried blood, indicating there was some sort of cut, but it had disappeared.

"Are you Okay?" I asked her. Now able to sit up and fully check out my surroundings.

"I'm fine..... but Lloyd is another story....." she said quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The Over Lord was..... is Lloyds father" she informed me "don't you remember?"

"I remember being hit by The Over Lord, but no, I don't remember Lloyds Dad being him" I sighed, looking around the temple for Lloyd, but there was no sign of him.

"Yeah.... and to make things worse, Trini...... betrayed us" She said, struggling to get the words out. I knew her and Seliel had become friends, but I didn't realise just how good of friends they'd become. This had to be hard for her.

I shuffled over next to her and put my arms around her slender figure. I felt her shivering, but I couldn't tell if it was because she was crying or just cold.

I looked behind her and saw Zane and Pixal huddling together and speaking in hushed tones, in front of them were Kai and Skylor, both of which were still unconscious. Zane and Pixal were proberly scanning them for any signs of a coma or something.

I pulled away from Seliel and kissed her check before trying to stand up. After several attempts I was able to stand on my own two feet. I started to walk over to Zane and Pixal, but half way to them, my eye was caught by someone standing outside of the temple. A male silhouette stood right on the edge of the cliff, his green gi blowing in the wind. Lloyd.

I walked -well stumbled- over to him and stood next to him, looking out on to the island.

"You alright Lloyd?" I asked.