Visit From An Old Friend

Jays POV

WE HAVE BEEN TRAINING ALL WEEK! I'm exhausted. Jeez, you would of thought that Sensi would want us at our A-game when The Over Lord attacks us. What help would we be if we're too tired to fight.

The only thing really keeping me going is Nya and her constant encouraging words and my overbearing will to impress her. That and the occasional quick kisses we share when Kai's not looking.

Today is the seventh day of training. We finished off rotating the tasks three days ago and since then we have been fighting each other. Sensi says it will show each other our strengths and weaknesses, but to be honest, I think he's just run out of ideas to teach us, and now he's just filling the empty days until the Over Lord attacks us.

On the plus side everyone here can successfully do Spinjitzu, harness our elemental powers, control inner peace and fight like a proper ninja.

On the down side though the dance, which was supposed to happen last Saturday, is now postponed till next Saturday. I wasn't overjoyed about that because it meant another week that I have to wait to dance with Nya, but Kai was extremely happy about it. But I couldn't tell if it's because he doesn't like the idea of me hanging out and dancing with Nya, or the fact that it gives him more time to ask Skylor to go with him. Seriously, everyday he says 'oh, I'll do it tomorrow' but the next day he uses the same lame excuse.

Anyway, today we are meant to be fighting two on two. So it was Cole and Zane versus Nya and Pixal.

The fight had been going on for almost ten minuets and all throughout it I couldn't stop watching Nya. She was amazing. I just couldn't believe only a few weeks ago, she was starting this school and helping me pick up all my loose bits of paper from when Morro 'accidentally' tripped me up. And now she was my girlfriend, and I was her boyfriend.

As the fight drew to an end, I could tell that the girls were winning because they kept landing kicks and punches and blocking the retaliating counter attacks. But just as things looked to be completely over, with the girls winning, Cole jumped really high in the air and slammed his fists on the ground. In the second he jumped up, you could tell that the fight was gonna be over in a matter of seconds. The impact caused Nya and Pixal to fly backward and land on their backs. The impact also caused all the spectators (me, Kai, Lloyd, Seliel and Skylor) to fly back a couple meters as well.

I groaned and cluched my shoulder. I'd landed pretty badly on it. As I sat up I saw Cole and Zane towering over Pixal and Nya and forcing them to say they won.

"Cole! When you do your little 'earthquake' thing, please try to target it only towards the people your fighting. AND NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" Seliel glared at him.

"Since when are you guys dating?" Lloyd smirked at Seliel.

"D-did I say girlfriend? I meant errr... friend...... who's a girl" She answered awkwardly.

"Suuuuuuure....." Kai replied skeptically.

"Your one to talk Kai" I said lacing sarcasm into my voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He said. I gave him a knowing glare which he replied by mumbling to himself.

"Master Of Earth, I see your elemental power is getting stronger, as are the rest of you" Sensi said from behind me. I yelped with shock and crawled away from the suddenly appeared Sensi. But something felt off, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Cole, Zane, Pixal and Nya came to join the group as Sensi made his daily speech.

"Students, your powers are becoming stronger as Master of Earth has demonstrated. And I can tell you want to develop your powers more, but I must ask you to go home, now" He said slowly, almost as if he's hiding something. Once again I got that feeling that something was off. I glanced at Nya, she had a look of disappointment, but also disbelief, like she thought he was hiding something as well.