The Last Part Of The Journey

Pre-warning, Sorry for any speeding/ grammar mistakes 😁

Kai's POV

We have just arrived at the outskirts of the city. This was where the houses were broken and old, and the pavement had cracks along it. And unfortunately for Lloyd, this is also the area that held Trini's currant home.

His attitude had changed as we passed the worn out houses. It went from impatiently trying to get us to move faster, to depressed and uncooperative.

I shifted my gaze towards him. His head was lowered and his eyes were glued to the broken concrete road.

I felt bad for him. First his father and then Trini. Even though I never really got to know her very well, I could tell that he did know her better than any of us, and felt her betrayal more than any of us.

After a half an hour of walking, the landscape and architecture of the buildings began to become more modern. The familiar billboards shone brightly as tall skyscrapers clouded the skys.

Once again, Lloyds attitude suddenly changed. But this time it was from depressed to overly pushy.

"Come on guys!" He said.

"Lloyd i swear to god!" Cole threatened.

"Look! I can see the high school!" He continued to hype.

"Lloyd" I warned him.

"We're almost ther-"

"LLOYD!" We all yelled at him whilst giving him an evil look.

Lloyd jumped at our sudden outburst. He smiled sheepishly at us as we all continued to glare at him. He had it coming though, even Coles evil glance wouldn't shut him up anymore.

My feet are aching so much, we had been walking all day and I could finally see the high school at the bottom of the busy road. As we were walking down the hill, every random bystander looked at us with confused faces.

"Ummm..... guys?" Seliel asked, looking kinda embarrassed.

"Yeah?" Cole answered, while everyone else turned to look at her.

"Have you realised that we're wearing our brightly coloured ninja gi's in the centre of the city?" She said avoiding any outsiders eye contact.

"Ummmm.... There's only one way to solve this" Jay said also looking sorta embarrassed as well, "Last one to the high school is a rotted egg!" He shouted, and took off running towards the school. I ran after him, my competitive ego fueling my energy. I too felt kinda embarrassed about my choice of clothing and wanted to get off the streets to ASAP. Everyone followed, probably not wanting to be out in the streets in their gi's either. But now we looked even more stupid and embarrassing.

As we arrived at the high school, I studied the frame of the building, deep in though, trying to imagine what life would be like if me and Nya hadn't transferred here. It would have definitely been less fun.

"Judging by the time of day," Zane said, stroking his chin, "I anticipate it's during last lesson."

"So everyone's still in class?" Jay asked.

"No, everyone is wandering the streets of The City. Of COURSE there still in lesson!" Cole replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, so what now?" Skylor asked. "Do we go to Sensi Wu? Or go straight home?"

"WE GO TO SENSI WU! HAVE YOU NOT BEEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Lloyd yelled at her.

Skylor's eyes widened with a look of fear plastered upon her face.