Finding THE Dress

Nya's POV

I stood in front of my mirror.

I was wearing a light green dress that cut off at my knees and a silky green piece of ribbon tied around my waist made to look like a bow and around the hem was a sparkling lacy collar.

I sighed, let's just say that green was NOT my colour. It suits some people, like Lloyd for example, but on me, it was just wrong.

I stripped off the dress and chucked it back in my wardrobe before putting on my PJ's and storming into mine and my brothers small kitchen. I slumped in my chair and groaned. The dance was in less that 5 hours and I still didn't have anything to wear.

I heard a door creak open and soon after Kai appeared in a black suit and red tie.

"So, what'cha think?" He asked brushing down his front.

"You look..." I thought for a moment "adequate"

"Thanks, way to kill off my confidence" He said walking past me and grabbing a snack out of the cupboard.

"Confidence? Ohhhhh, confidence to ask Skylor to the dance!" I laughed. He still hadn't popped the question and subsequently going solo.

"Heh, maybe" he chuckled nervously, "Anyway, whats up with you?"

"I haven't got the dress" I groaned.

"The dress? Don't you mean a dress?"

"No, I meant the dress, you know, the one that when you see you automatically know that's your dress." I sighed.

"Oh, well why don't you go see if Seliel, Skylor or Pixal has a dress for you?" Kai suggested.

That's actually not a bad idea. I grabbed my phone and set up a chat with me and the girls.

Nya: MAJOR EMERGENCY!!! I can't find the dress!!!! 😰😰

Seliel: OMG!!! Me neither!! Help!!

Skylor: Forget the dress, I haven't even got a dress 😳

Pixal: Meet at the mall in 10 minuets?

Nya: I'll be there.

Skylor: Ditto

Seliel: See ya there.

I ran back into my room and chucked on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I picked up my side bag containing my purse, a loose bit of change and bus ticket.

"Kai! I'm just going to the mall with the girls, see ya later!" I called and headed for the door.

"Hope you find the dress!" He shouted after me before I closed the front door.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Upon arriving at the mall, I immediately saw a head full of pink hair and another full of red and a third full of silver. I never really noticed how unique their hair colours were.

"Hey guys!" I said giving each of them each a small hug.

"Hello Nya" Pixal answered.

"Okay, we have just less than 5 hours till the dance, let's move people! The perfect dress is just around the corner, I can feel it!" Seliel said dumping her empty slushy in a nearby bin.

We walked into the mall and was immediately struck with a dilemma. Do we go to the posh and stylish shop, or the quirky and unique shop.

"So, where to first?" I asked.

"Ooooooh, that one- no! That one, actually that one. Scratch that, let's go to that one!" Seliel excitedly ran over to a shop with three dresses in the front window. One being black with a lacy over print, the next was a short white dress with sparkling transparent jewels around the hem and trailing down the arms. The last was a strapless deep purple dress, cut off midway between the knees and waist with a semi transparent purple over silk trailing down to the floor. The torso also contained small silver jewels made out to look like flowers.