The dance (part 5)

So this is what happened to Lloyd and why he was late to the dance and his cryptic answer to Jays question for the last few chapters.

Lloyds POV

I can't believe I'm actually gonna say this, but I was actually looking forward to the dance. It's crazy what one person can do to change your opinion on everything. Too bad that person happens to be evil and working for my father. Typical.

I hardly got any sleep last night just thinking about it.

It was late on a Saturdays morning when I got tons of texts from the guys. Apparently Kai wanted to hangout with us before the dance while the girls went shopping for a dress. But i needed some time to sort through the thoughts in my head, so I ignored them and put my phone on silent.

And honestly, I wasn't really  in the mood to go to the dance full stop, let alone to go stag because my date was too busy getting interrogated by Uncle for answers.

I hadn't seen her since that Illusion game she played on us whilst we were training.

I sighed, maybe I should go see how Uncle is? He has been up all night trying to get info out of her. And then it would give me an excuse to see her....... Not that I wanted to.

I got up from my bed and threw on a green tee and green hoodie along with jeans and green converse. Wow.... I know green is my favourite colour and all but, maybe this is a little obsessive? Nah..... besides, I can't really be asked to change again.

Whilst walking to my door, I grabbed my phone, and a bit of loose change for the bus fair. I love my mom and all, and would totally ask her for a ride to the school, but she hasn't come out of her room since her husband was revealed to be the overlord. She is taking this a ton worse than I did.

I silently made my way passed Morro bedroom door, even though the likelihood of him being awake at eleven o'clock on a Saturday were pretty slim, I wasn't taking any chances.

Once passed his door, I rushed down stairs grabbed an apple and sprinted out the front door.

I ran all the way to school. I hadn't realised I'd missed my bus stop, but as soon as I took off running from my house, I felt increasing anger from everyone who had betrayed me, my father, my first crush and I had to get the anger out some how. I didn't care if it was a long way, and although many passing bus stops tempted me, I continued to run.

As I got to the school stairs, I sat down completely out of breath and wheezed pretty loudly, attracting a few odd glances from pedestrians walking by. I ignored them and entered the building and went straight to the school basement.

My Uncle wasn't a very rich person, and couldn't afford a house, so he temporarily set up his home in the school basement. Although that "temporary" home has become more of a permanent home and I was the only one -besides himself of course- who knew about it.

I knocked twice, then waited a few seconds before knocking again five times. It was our secret code so that he would know if it was me who was knocking.

A few moments later, the big rusty door creaked open and Sensi's face popped out.

"Ahh, nephew, have you come to see Trini?" He asked opening the door wider and letting me step in.

"Um n-no, I err- I c-came to s-see you" I said, not completely lying, but not completely the truth either.

"You came to see me?" He asked skepticly "And not see Trini?"

"Y-yes"

"Nephew, I need to tell you something...." He asked, going all serious for a second.

"What....?" I asked hesitantly. Is he dying? Has he gotten some unsettling info out of Trini about my fathers plan?