The dance (part 4)

Right, almost done the "dance" chapters, one more to go after this! YAY!

Anyway...... KAILOR TIME!!!

Kai's POV

Ugh.... Jay really knows how to get on someone's nerves.

So, what'cha think?" He said doing the moon walk into our small kitchen where we were waiting for the girls.

"Really? This has to be the tenth time you've shown us your outfit and asked our opinion just today" I groaned.

"And the tenth time we've said you look fine" Cole also groaned, following along with the trend.

"I'm starting to think your just fishing for complements now" Zane sighed adjusting his white bow tie in the mirror.

"Well I'm sorry for being optimistic" Jay huffed, crossing his arms. Zane gave him a questionable look.

"Being optimistic has nothing to do with you constantly asking us how you look. So by my calculations, that was a horrific comeback"

"Ohhhhhh, you just got burned!" I said bursting with laughter. "Pun intended"

"I'm sorry hothead, but how am I supposed to get 'burned' by the Master of ice?! It doesn't make sense!" I stopped laughing out of pure shock. Jay said something smart?!

"Since when did you become logical? And on a scarier note, when did you become smart?" I asked, voicing the thoughts in my head. He glared at me and shrunk down on the small sofa.

"Ha, ha very funny" He replies monotonously.

~~~Time Skip~~~

"Tell me again why we had to rent a limo?" Seliel sighed. "Couldn't we just have walked? It was only 10 minutes away"

Got to admit, she does have a point.

"High School Dances are the only chance you gonna get to go by style and ride in a limo" Jay said, looking back at our ride as it made its way out of the school parking lot.

"What use is style when no one is around to see you arrive in it?" I grumbled, crossing his arms and huffing in annoyance.

I didn't really notice Cole acting different until Zane asked him if everything was okay. He weirdly sniffed the air, like a dog searching for food, as a massive hyperactive smile grew on his face.

"Oh no..." Seliel whisperd as I raised an eyebrow.

"I.... smell..... CAKE!!!!!" He said, his voice growing in excitement at every word, before he darted off inside the school leaving all us behind with confused looks.

"I swear he can smell like an animal" Seliel sighed before also darting inside to catch up with Cole who had already vanished. "COLE GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE" Seliel shouted before also vanishing into the high school.

"Well that was-"

"Weird, crazy, unexpected? Take your pick" I cut Jay off mid sentence.

"I was gonna say strange, but any of them works to" Jay shrugged.

We all wandered silently into the school, payed for our tickets and entered the gym.

I immediately cut off from my friends and slowly made my way to the bleachers, the place were dateless people go. I sat down and sighed drearily. My friends had told me about Skylor going with Morro. I just don't get it, I'm never scared to ask a girl out to a stupid dance, so what made Skylor any different?

Who am I kidding, Skylor was different. She wasn't like any other girl I'd ever met. Not in a bad way, bare in mind, just different in a way that maybe I didn't deserve her, an that's saying a lot considering the size of my ego.