Back To The High School

Nya's POV

The walk down the mountain was a lot quieter than the walk up. We didn't laugh or joke around, it was pretty quiet, except for a few hushed conversations between certain people. Of course Lloyd was being impatient and telling us to move our butts faster, so we could get back to the high school.  I was tempted to yell at him and say Look, Lloyd, when you've just been knocked unconscious for a few hours, your body tends to be stiff and uncooperative so sorry if we seem slow! But I was to tired to say anything.

"Guys! Come on! The Over Lord could attack at any moment, we need to be prepared!" Lloyd kept saying over and over again.

"Lloyd, would you calm down?" Cole said, obviously frustrated. "Some of us have more to carry than you"

He gesturing over to Kai, who was still carrying an unconscious Skylor.

"Okay, Okay, geez." He rolled his eyes "But please hurry!"

"You know Lloyd, for someone who just found out his father is The Over Lord, you seem pretty happy" Seliel said.

"That man is not my father" Lloyd spat.

Seliel jumped at Lloyds sudden change of mood and hung back to walk with Cole. I couldn't tell if it was out of fear or just genuinely wanted to walk with Cole.

I sighed and looked out towards the island. It was bigger than I imagined, trees covering most of the terrain, with the occasional open meadow and tall mountain.

"Hey guys, check this out!" Jay shouted and started to zap lightning bolts out of his hands "Shocked to see me? Heh heh, get it? shocked, lightning?"

I know his puns are, well....... Horrible, but I couldn't help but give a gentle chuckle, he always somehow manages to make me smile, and to my disbelief everyone else had slight smirks on their faces.

"Oh yeah? Well check this out!" Cole shouted before jumping up in the air and slamming his fists on the ground, subsequently causing a mini earthquake.

"Ahhhhh!" Me and Seliel screamed as we lost our balance and fell to the ground.

"Sorry guys, I guess I don't know how strong I am" Cole said cockily and held his hand out to help Seliel up.

I evil eyed Cole until an idea came to mind. I created a ball of water between my hands on sent it Coles face. He screeched at impact. I burst out laughing along with Jay and Seliel. He grumbled an insult but I was too busy laughing to hear what he was saying.

I stood up after laughing till my sides hurt and apologised.

"Sorry Cole, I cou-" I cut myself off when I noticed that I couldn't move my leg. I looked down and saw it was engulfed in ice. I looked up frantically and saw Zane laughing.

"Hey! Zane!" I groaned and tried to break the ice, but it was too condensed to break. I thought for a moment, then turned to face Kai.

"Hey Kaiiiiiii" I said innocently, "you think you could possibly melt this ice? For your baby sister?" I gave him my puppy dog eyes and pouted.

He rolled his eyes and gently set Skylor down on the ground, before coming over to me. He rubbed his hands together, as if to create friction, and placed them on the ice. I watched the ice slowly melt and condensate into water.

"Thanks bro!" I said, now able to move and hug him.

"What are big brothers for?" He teased.

"Ehhhgggg" a feminine moan sounded from behind him.