The Beginning of the End

Wow, my imagination must be dead because that was the most cliché chapter name EVA ⬆️

Jay's POV

My mind dismissed all sanity as I began to panic. The Overlord? Now? Screams from our fellow classmates filtered through my ears as I glanced towards Nya. A look, mixed between fear and determination was strewn across her face.

I stole a glance at my other friends, they to were showing mixed emotions, all but Lloyd. He held a face of anger.

Lloyd stepped in front of us and turned to face us.

"Lets do this!" He yelled over the sound of explosions, "ENERGY!" He cried out, forming a emerald green tornado until in its place stood a boy wearing a green Gi.

"EARTH!" I heard Cole yell, he too did Spinjitzu and stopped once he was in his Black Gi.

"PHANTOM!" Seliel shouted turning into her grey suit.

"FIRE!"

"AMBER!"

"ICE!"

"TECHNOLOGY!"

"WATER!"

Everyone looked towards me. I gulped down my fear, replacing it with determination.

"LIGHTNING!"

We ran to the front of the school, Lloyd breaking down the plan to us.

"Alright, I want Cole, Zane and Kai in the ground, try to save as many people as you can, Pixel and Nya, I need you to hack into all the billboards and issue a mass evacuation of the city, radios, televisions everything, make sure everyone can hear you. Jay, Seliel and Skylor, your coming with me, cover my back and take down every minion you see, I'm going after my father."

We all nodded and continued to sprint down the corridor, dodging a few pupils and random pedestrians hoping to seek shelter inside the school. Everyone we passed stopped to give us odd looks. I guess nine teens wearing multicoloured ninja Gi's out-trumps the impending doom of mass explosions and death.

We reached the front of the school, well what was left of it. It's like someone had taken a chunk out of the building and left it's crumbling remains. I gapped at the sight, who knew I'd be sad at the thought of our school getting torn apart.

I looked out towards the city, the sight making me shrink back in fear. The massive clock tower was leaning precariously to one side, and the roofs tiles were all but non-existent. Many of the skyscrapers windows were smashed and big chunks had fallen off, inevitably killing multiple people standing underneath. The roads had massive cracks drilling along them, raising and lowering some of the road. People screamed and ran into buildings in hope that it will provide them with shelter. Massive clouds of red and black smoke rode up in the sky, in the shape of a mushroom and a loud bang came with it.

Our city was destroyed, in so little time. We were too busy enjoying ourselves to notice.

Lloyd once again turned to face us.

"You guys ready?" He asked. No one answered. I lowered my head and stared at my feet, already having second thoughts. Lloyd caught the hint of our hesitation and sighed. "Look guys, you can turn back now, there's no dishonour in backing away. I can't promise that you'll be 100% fine at the end of it -if there is an end to it- but I can promise that if we do nothing, innocent people are going to die, and I for one believe that if there's the slightest chance that us teenagers can do something to prevent any more loss, then we should then we should take that chance. But I won't do it without you guys"

It was silent once again. Well apart from the the loud BANG! From the explosions and screams of terrified people.

But Lloyd was right. Doing nothing will only lead to more destruction and death and I hated to admit it, but we were probably the only ones capable of putting an end to this mayhem.

"Well, if that wasn't an inspirational speech, then I don't know what is" Cole said stepping forward. "You have my Earth"

After a moments hesitation Nya also stepped forward. "You have my Water"

"And my Ice" Zane said, placing a hand on Lloyd's shoulder.

Soon after, everyone -including myself- had ditched second thoughts and offered our element, so to speak.

"But seriously though guys, this whole saying our elements one after another is getting old" I said trying to crack a joke, and to my surprise, everyone gave a chuckle. Wether it was forced or not, I don't know.

"Let's kick my Dads ass!" Lloyd shouted charging towards the sound of the menacing laughter escaping from said fathers mouth.

The rest of us split into our groups, Kai, Cole and Zane diverted left, keeping to the grounds. Nya and Pixel soon disappeared to the right, heading for Borg towers to alert the city of a mass evacuation. I couldn't help and wonder if I'd ever see Nya again, seeing as Lloyd chose me to get him close enough to his father, destroy his minions and cover his back, whilst not dying in the process. I inwardly sighed and sped off with Seliel and Skylor.

We ran for about 10 minuets, hot on Lloyd's tail until he disappeared round a corner of a slanted Skyscraper. We too raced round the corner but didn't expect to bump straight into the back of Lloyd's back. It was a domino effect; first came Skylor, crashing into Lloyd, then Seliel, collided into Skylor, and finally me, ramming into Seliel. The whole scene would have been a funny comedy act and I probably would have suppressed a laugh, if not for the sight that lay ahead of me.

Once again the feeling of hopelessness returned to the pit of my stomach.

A massive mechanical beast stood facing towards us, a look of pure insanity was thrown on the face of the driver: Lloyds dad, or more commonly known as the overlord. The creature/ machine sort of resemblanced a spider, but its legs had spikes and blades sticking out at every angle and they twitched in an unsettling way. It's body was pained a dark purple and black, and it had two massive cannons pointing out from its two sides, both were aimed directly at us. A sort of faint dark purple cloud hung to its surface and the air surrounding it, giving it an eerie vibe.

My breath hitched in my throat as I turned away from the monstrosity.

This was going to be a hard fight to win. But if I'm destined to die tonight, then I'm going to go down fighting.

************

Sooooo, heh heh *nervous laugh*
I'm can keep apologising for every late chapter, but you guys are gonna probs get bored after a while. But I'm still gonna do it.

I'm SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOO SORRY!!!!!!

Guys, if you still gave the patience to wait for me, then I really appreciate it, luv ya xoxo

In all seriousness tho, I'm am so sorry.

Oh, this was a short chapter because in I need to get one out before I go away for the weekend, which should hopefully give me some to write, but no post, seeing as there's NO WIFI there. I mean come on family, you can't take your teenaged daughter somewhere without WIFI!! That's like against my rights!!

Anyway hope you enjoyed and sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Thanks for reading 💗💖💗💖