The Broadcast

Nya's POV

Let's kick my Dads ass!" Lloyd shouted charging towards the sound of the menacing laughter.

Me and Pixel followed for a bit, before cutting off from the group when it was most convenient to get to Borg Industries. My legs carried me forward as I charged up the damaged streets of Ninjago.

Borg tower was hard to miss as it loomed higher than any other building in the city. The architecture of the building showed massively ahead of this day and age. The main colour was a solid blue and the angles of the designs were so crazy it actually worked, bits of sturdy metal stuck out at odd degrees, lasting a couple of floors, before caving back in and formatting a straight line. It did this several times on both sides. The windows used to glisten white when the sun hit it, but as any sign of light was snuffed out by dark red and black clouds, the windows unwillingly reflected a much darker shade. The once 'safe tower' now looked menacing and foreign.

I gulped and glanced to the side where Pixel ran a few paces behind me. Being a robot defiantly gave her some advantages, like being able to hold an amazing poker face, but in this instance, her face held pure terror and fear.

She stopped suddenly. I ran a few more paces before coming to terms with this and also stopped, turning to face her.

"Hey Pixel, what's wrong?" I asked walking back to her side.

"I-I can't..... I cant go u-up there." She whispered, taking a few slow step away from the grand building.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked knitting my eyebrows together and holding a worried look.

"It's just.... what if.... what if we find Borg up there and..... he's hurt or..... or worse....?" She said her voiced laced with dread.

Then suddenly it clicked. Borg was like Pixels father, as he built her, like Dr. Julien and Zane. And even though I don't know much about parents -seeing as mine took off ages ago- I could tell that finding your father or mother hurt or..... dead, is defiantly something no teenager should have to experience. I felt overwhelmed with sympathy for my new best friend, and the urge to comfort her.

"Pixel, Borg is the smartest man alive, he's built the hover car, the newest gaming consoles, and he's practically designed this entire city. And he's built you. So if your telling me, the father of the smartest girl in our school can't make a quick get away of one of his flying mobiles or on a super fast car, then we're all doomed" I said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She sighed, thinking through her options before a new, confident smile overpowered her dread filled frown.

"Let's do this" She said. I hardly caught the last word for she was already sprinting towards the massive tower.

It took a few seconds to register what just happened before shrugging and speeding off to catch up with her.

Thanks to her head start, Pixel reached the doors first, yanking it open and darting up the stairs.

"Pixel, why don't we just use the elevator?" I shouted up to her.

"Using an elevator at a time of crisis is major safety hazard, the stairs would provide a much stabler and safer route to the 100th floor." Pixel said, stopping to look over the railing and down at me.

I groaned. Of course it was going to be the highest floor, they wouldn't make it that easy and put the control Center computer on the first floor or even the tenth floor. It had to be on the 100th. Typical.....

"Ahh, come on! What's a little risk gonna do?" I begged.

"That is a unwise choice Nya, we have to focus on our main objective: Sending a message for a mass evacuation. We don't have time to worry about if the way up to the designated floor is gonna potentially kill us." Pixal's words were backed up with annoyingly good logic, subsequently forcing me to reconsider and take the stairs.