Chilling Before The Dance

Really important and exciting announcement at the end of this chapter, please read it!

Cole's POV

I hate wearing suits. There so annoying and blunt. No personality or anything.

I was in the my bathroom looking at myself in the mirror wearing a black suit with a black tie. Since I had nothing better to do, my father decided I should try on the new suit he got me.

Did I mention that I hate suits? Just the word 'suit' make me cringe,
I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it! But not as much as Lloyd, I mean I would wear one if I needed to, but Lloyd would proberly run away screaming.

My father knows I hate them, but he is still on the pursuit to buy me loads of fancy clothes for -and I quote- just in case the unexpected dinner date happens. But I'm pretty sure if the unexpected does happen, I'm not gonna need over 20 uniquely styled suits in colours from black, white, dark blue and grey.

I sighed and carefully pealed the suit off from my body and slipped on my black ripped jeans and black hoodie.

I jumped at the sound of my phone indicating I've got a text and simultaneously picked it up to check my messages. I read the caller ID and was surprised that it was from Kai.

Kai: Hey guys, Nya and the girls have gone shopping to find 'the dress' 🙄 So do you wanna come round and play video games or something because I'm bored.

Jay: Sure, BE PREPARED TO DIE SMITH!!!

Me: Yeah, I'll be there in a 15 mins.

Zane: What do you mean 'the dress' don't you mean a dress?

Kai: Legit, I have no clue, something about finding the 'heart stopping, eye widening, breath taking dress'. Girl problems bro.

Zane: Oh, I'll add that to my database, I'll be round yours in 5 mins.

Kai: Kk, see ya then 👋👋

~~~Time Skip~~~

What is taking this elevator so long? I've been waiting for five minuets and it still hadn't got here.

I checked my phone again for any messages or missed calls to pass the time, but mentally groaned when the screen turned up black. I must have forgotten to charge my phone again last night.

I looked up from my phone to see the two thick doors creeking open to reveal a dingy looking elevator. Cautiously, I stepped inside and clicked the 33rd floor. It took another five minutes before the doors opened again displaying a disgusting hallway. Seriously, the elevator was luxury compared to this.

I practically sprinted to Kai's door and rapidly knocked upon it. I heard the sound of a lock turning before the dark red door flung open and a happy looking Jay appeared.

"Cole thank God your here!" He shouted grabbing my wrist and pulling me into a small lounge containing Zane and Kai. "Please tell Kai that knocking the game controller out of my hand, when I was winning, is cheating!"

"Okay, firstly you weren't winning, I was and secondly, it was an accident" Kai defended himself.

"Excuse me? You were winning? I was one hundred percent, with out a shadow of a doubt winning! Right Zane?" Jay shouted, turning to Zane for back up.