The Recovery

A/N Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! You guys are awesome!!

Lloyd POV

I woke with a start. My eyes still groggy and weak. My whole body weak. I slowly twisted my head to the side, being careful not to cause myself anymore pain than necessary. It still hurt. My mind was even more blurred than the images my eyes were producing. What happened? And where where was I?

I tried looking around at my surroundings but all I saw was the blotches of colour, most of it being beige, but through my limited sight, I couldn't see any of my friends.

I reached up to my head with my arm and tried to comb my hair out of my eyes with my fingers. But immediately regretted it. My blond locks were matted with some substance of which I couldn't see. But whatever it was it felt dry and crusty.

The sudden pain in my shoulder caused me to let out a quiet groan as my breath became more laboured. I lay straight again and the pain slowly subsided.

With my eyesight beginning to clear, I began to investigate the room in which I was in - or should I say tent. I looked to be a small structure, held up with thick logs of wood with a massive beige sheet pulled over them to make a makeshift shelter. There wasn't much in here, just some odd objects that made me ponder what had happened to me and how I got here. In the far left corner was a a table, seeming hand made with crooked legs and an unstable countertop, ready to collapse at a moments notice. On top of it was -from what I could see in my current lying down position- bottles of multicoloured liquids, some blue some green and some red and other various medical things. Also upon the table were what seemed to be two piles of clothes, one of which being my green Gi. I did a double take as realisation set in, I wasn't wearing anything except my underwear. I shivered in horror and pulled the blankets tighter around my body, as if someone was looking. But the action only caused me more pain in my shoulder. Once I got over my initial fear that someone was looking, I investigated the other side of the room. There wasn't much, just a slit in the fabric of the tent that was held together with two big buttons, constantly letting a small gust of air venture into the tent.

I decided to try and look outside, despite my entire body seemed against that motion. It ached and sent flashes of pain in every movement I did, but I managed to stand up and pace over to my Gi. My eyes widened as I saw red patches hiding the vibrant green colour beneath them. Blood. Most probably my blood. What the HELL happened?!

I grabbed the clothing and held it up to examine it more. Most of the darker red was crowded in one section, just below my shoulder. I instinctively went to touch that place on my body and was shocked to find..... well..... what appeared to be a bullet hole. Had I been shot?

I suddenly felt the urgent need to sit down as the world became dizzy again. I went to put a supporting hand on the desk, but I missed it completely. I ended up falling back into my makeshift bed with a sickening crunch as the wood underneath cracked in half on my impact.

"You always were a complete clutz" An oddly familiar voice sneered from where the rip/door in the tent was.

"Oh fuck off Morro," I moaned. The name leaving my lips before I could take recognition.

"Since when do you swear?" Morro said, moving further into the tent.

I squinted my eyes as the strain off sitting up seemed hurt till no end. Once back up to a sitting position, I ignored his question and asked one of my own.

"What the hell are you going here?"

My brother sighed before nodding to the new tile of clothes. "Put them on and meet me outside, the others are waiting."