Injured

Hey guys, just to let you know that there is a really important message at the end of this chapter and it would be really cool if you read it.

And this chapter may be a bit graphic so be warned.......

Jays POV

I wanted to run. Turn tail and bolt. But I couldn't...... Lloyd needed me, my team needed me. So denied the begging from my legs to flea and stood my ground. Even though the beast in front of me was enough to make my blood run cold.

I subconsciously pulled my nunchucks from the back pound of my Gi. My throat seemed as though it was a dessert as the need to swallow became increasingly difficult. I tilted my eyes to face Seliel and Skylor, the latter of which cracked her knuckles and the former scowling intensely at the monstrosity. Both pulled out their weapons, Seliel having her sais and Skylor, her kusarigama, where and when they learned how to use such weapons was beyond me.

Lloyd hadn't moved an inch since stopping, his emotionless eyes had yet to be torn away from what was his father. He slowly pulled his green hood over his face and reached behind him to secure a hold on his golden sword, before unsheathing the lethal weapon and holding it out in-front of himself.

"Garmadon!" Lloyd shouted above the mechanical grinding of the machine. Though, as the word left Lloyd's mouth, the beast stopped and slowly turned to face us, a twisted smile upon his face.

"Son! What a wonderful sight, you've come to join my army" Garmadon said, his eye twitching in a unsettling way as a result of the power of the overlord being too much for Lloyd's father.

"I'm not your son!" Lloyd spat, "And I'd never join forces with a fool like yourself!"

"Well then, that's your loss," The overlord shrugged before quick as a flash, pressing a button of his key pad and sending multiple missiles whooshing towards us.

We all dived out the way, covering our heads as shrapnel and pieces of concrete flew up on the air where the missiles hit the ground, before raining back upon us.

"Shit," I heard Seliel say under her breath. She had landed a meter to my left and had a nasty scrape on her forehead. Luckily it wasn't bleeding to bad, but a small stream of blood did trail down her left temple and down her cheek.

"You alright?" I asked quickly, unsure if the overlord was going to send another missile, but the smoke from the first still lingered and was thankfully hiding our position.

"Yeah, it's just a small gash," She said, shrugging it off before grabbing her sais and getting back to her feet.

I did a quick check over of myself to see if I had any major injuries, but apart from some small cuts and already forming bruises, I was good to go.

I scanned the ground for my nunchucks. All around me there were blocks of concrete, and I thanked my lucky stars that none of them hit me.

But then I began to panic, for the cover from the smoke began to lift and I could see the outline of the overlord, and I had yet to find my missing nunchucks. I stood, trying to gain a higher vantage point as it helped me see for a bit further.

"Jay! What are you doing?" Came Lloyd's voice from my left, I turned to face him as he continued, "We have to get out of here and find a better way to attack, those missiles are causing too much damage to the city, what are you looking for?"

"My nunchucks, I chucked them somewhere when I dove out the way from that missile" I answered, beginning to search the ground once again.

"Well hurry up and find them, this smoke won't cover us much longer!" Lloyd whisper-yelled, as he too began to search for my missing weapon.