The Dance (part 3)

It now time for Coliel......

Ps, this chapter was a bit rushed so sorry for the poor quality.... heh heh.....

Seliel's POV

I was the first to change into my dress. But it was just a simple slip on so I can see why it took the others longer, being that theirs have zips and buttons. Adjusting the short sleeves, I stopped fussing and established I was ready.

I looked over to my friends, Nya and Pixel were talking in hushed tones so I presumed they wanted to keep it just the two of them, so I wondered over to Skylor who was trying to put on eye liner.

"Hey!" I said. Me and Skylor haven't really talked much. I valued her as a friend no less, but we weren't as close as some of the others were, so I took this as the perfect opportunity to change that.

"Hey" She grumbled, hopelessly trying to put on the black eyeliner.

"You alright?" I asked. It was more of a rhetorical question because she was clearly stressed. Nether the less she answered.

"Yes..... No, ugh! I just can't seem to do this stupid eyeliner!" She huffed, wiping away the smudges of her previous try.

"Do you want help?" I asked, giving her a small smile. She sighed and handed me the tube before her frown broke into a small grin.

"Oh man..... I used to be good at this, I don't know what's wrong with me" She sighed.

"Maybe you have too much on your mind?" I suggested, finished off the wing of her first eye. "And your full concentration is in something else rather than putting on eyeliner?"

There was a silence between us as I finished doing her second eye, and I was worried that I offended her. But the look on her face said otherwise. It looked like she was contemplating what I said.

"You just hit the nail straight on the head" Skylor sighed again. I could sense that she needed to vent about something, even if she didn't say it.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked, placing my unoccupied hand on her shoulder.

"It's just.... just- ugh... boys!" She groaned throwing her hands up in annoyance.

"Tell me about it, boys can really suck sometimes" I said, agreeing with her.

"Yeah..... I guess I just kinda wished Kai had asked me instead of Morro"

"Well...there's still time, you can always change your mind. And hey, when boys fail you, you'll always have your girl friends" I said gesturing to myself, Nya and Pixal, which brought a smile on her face.

"Thanks Seliel" She said, hugging me.

"No problem." I said hugging her back. "Hey, we have to take a selfie of ourselves before the dance! You know? All glamed up!"

"Sure, why not?" Skylor answered. Now, if I was Jay, I wouldn't have taken that as a rhetorical question and started listing reasons why we shouldn't do it. Thank god im not Jay.

I took my phone out as me and Skylor posed for the photo. I was about to press the button when Nya suddenly stopped me.

"Hey guys, if your gonna take a selfie, at least do it with all of us!" She giggled, grabbing Pixels wrist and pulling her over to Skylor and I.

"Alright guys! Say Cheese!"  Skylor giggled. We all smiled as a flash went off, capturing us all smiling and laughing.

"Right, who's ready for some dancing?!" Nya yipped happily as we walked out of her room.