THE DAY GOES ON

"I am so sorry", I began. Snigdha took her file gingerly, scowling at the damage.

"It'll heal, really. You can bandage it or maybe we can take it to the hospital - ", I stopped. She was giving me one of the Snigdha looks that warned me to shut up right then.

"Well, meet you later.", I shouted, already searching for the farthest spot from her.

" Hi Samaira, you need help?", I went up to her as she nodded. So having screwed up my assignment, I went up to help others screw theirs, I mean, complete theirs.

"So can you find nitric acid?", she asked.

"I guess so...", I began looking for it. After looking through rows and rows of acids and bases, I held out a bottle which was labelled nitric acid.

" Eureka.", Sanvi said from beside me. I had already reached halfway across the lab looking for it.

"The great Tisha Dutt finally discovered nitric acid in her in her own school's chemistry lab. What do you have to say about this remarkable feat ma'am?", she said and held out an imaginary mike to me.

"Well, I want to tell everyone it's not easy but its not impossible too. If you have the will, you will find the way, always.", I played along.

We both chuckled at that. Our teacher glowered at us.

"Time to go.", I said.

I handed the bottle to Samaira.

"So, Snigdha and you're not talking?", she asked.

"Kind of. I nearly killed her file. It's good she hasn't filed a case against me yet.", I joked.

Samaira smiled as she poured drops of potassium permanganate solution on the filter paper and motioned me to hold the test tube with the holder. A dense gas erupted from the test tube, changing the colour of the paper.

"Wow. Thanks.", she said.

"Anytime.", I said, helping her assemble the lab apparatus. I dared to go back to my seat, next to Snigdha. She and Ananya had already finished the experiment.

"You ready to talk?", I asked Snigdha. "Your file will live, you know?", I declared in a solemn tone.

We both tried to keep a straight face, eventually gave up and burst out laughing.

"Tisha and Snigdha, out of the class, now.", our teacher shouted.

"Thanks a lot.", Snigdha said.

"Anytime partner.", I replied.

As we reached another corridoor, we were stopped by a prefect.

"Are you two bunking?", he asked.

Well, this question coming from a person who rarely entered his own classroom was peculiar yet we answered truthfully.

"Of course not-", Meana replied.

"Yeah, we've just been sent out.", I completed.

He walked past and we went to another corridor.

"Recess!", I exclaimed happily, as the school bell rang. I rushed to the school canteen with Snigdha. Imagine a garments in a small town has announced a sale for one hour. The entire town rushes to it. Compare it to my canteen's scenario. If you don't reach there before the racous crowd does, you'll have to settle for cold cutlets.

"A burger and spring rolls, please", I said, handing out our money.

Taking our treasured lunch, we hurried to our secret lunch spot near the park. This is a necessary precaution because if you're standing near the canteen with your lunch, you will find a lot many 'for the moment' friends who want a bite from your food ultimately leaving you with just a bite as your lunch. Having savoured our lunch, we went to the field. Being an athlete, the field gives me a sense of unjustified happiness and positivity. Maybe it reminds me of my hard-earned victories there or the many memories I made there. Whenever I'm in doubt or confusion, I always seem to find my answers here. We took a stroll of the field, talking about the latest movies we had watched.

We united with the rest of our group at the far end of the field, on the steps - that's pretty much our meeting spot for many years. We gather here after we've safely made our here after having our lunch.

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note -

Hey readers, happy reading :)