INFIRMARY DIARIES

"That's it for now. We'll not put too much strain on the back today.", Agent Kumar said after we had finished my last stretch.

"How did I do?", I asked.

"Better than most. You really want to get back in the field.", she smiled.

"That's where I belong.", I said walking into the infirmary after her."

"Take a walk if you want to.  But I want you back before dinner.", she warned.

"You got it.", I said with a salute.

"Priya?", I called her on our university sanctioned phones.

"Tisha? We just gone done with the training. I was just heading to the infirmary to see you. You're still there, right?", she asked skeptically.

"Yes, Priya.", I laughed. I'm in the garden. Come see me there?", I asked.

"And Irrfan is coming too.", she said.

"What?", I asked surprised.

"Yeah, great right, we'll see you there in a minute.", she hung up the call happily.

I huffed and walked closer to the swing.

"Look who made it back to the living.", I hard Irrfan's voice behind me.

"Oh gosh.", Priya said running to hug me.

She hugged me loosely taking care not to hold me tightly.

"Yeah, I'm all healed up.", I said with a swirl.

"We'll ask the doctor about that.", Irrfan shrugged.

"Spoilsport.", I groaned.

"You do know that you won't be allowed one step into the field unless she gives you the green light.", she warned.

"I might have persuaded her. What are you doing here?", I asked Irrfan. The team coming to me made sense. Him coming on his own - I didn't think he'd have enough emotion or care in him to do so.

He raised his eyebrow at him. Classic Irrfan.

"They're stuck with their assignment till the end of the day.", he said.

"And you got it done before the rest?", I asked.

"Sorry to disappoint you Tisha Dutt but I'm not actually a cold-heart being and I do have brains.", he said with an exaggerated expression of hurt.

"You know you're my favourite right?", I said.

"I've known for a while, Tisha. Maybe one of these days, we might even go out that is when you're not in the hospital, if you can manage that for a complete week?", he said.

"Did you just ask me out and mock me in the same sentence?", I asked playing along.

"So can you come back now?", Priya asked.

"No, I have to stay in the infirmary. Doctor's orders. She doesn't trust me to stay in bed the whole night.", I shrugged.

Aradhya and Irrfan looked at each other and smiled.

Great, I said establish your friendship on your mutual interest to mock me.

"So tomorrow then?", Irrfan asked.

"Yeah, they'll allow me to classes but I'll still be forbidden from the rigorous exercises.", I shrugged.

"Is that a tone of regret. I'd die to get a day off. My body has been aching the full week.", Priya said.