GIRLS NIGHT

We entered the cafeteria. It was a small get-together that included the team, Aviral's girlfriend, Nisha and a couple of his other friends.

Roger had kept a seat reserved for Aradhya but she chose the farthest away spot from him and I sat down next to her. I saw Roger's face drop and I felt bad for him.

"He really pissed you off bad, huh?", I asked Aradhya.

"Yeah.", she shrugged as we ordered drinks. I stuck to watermelon juice while Aradhya ordered a banana shake.

"What did he do?", I asked her.

"He just gets so insecure so easily. I mean the rumour that started yesterday that Samir and I were dating-"

"I am so sorry-", I began.

"No, it's not that. I mean we both knew it was a joke. But then he confronted me that I didn't care enough to stop the rumour mill. That I didn't want to put effort in the relationship, that he's the only one who cares about us.", she said.

"What did you tell him?", I asked as our drinks arrived.

"That if he was going to be a 13 year old immature kid with these many insecurities, maybe we shouldn't be together. I mean he should know that I would never cheat on him. If he doesn't have that trust in me, what's even the point.", she said, sipping her shake.

"Okay ladies enough chit-chat, time for a never have I ever.", Aviral said, as he rotated the coke bottle on the table.

"Okay, Priya.", Aviral said as the bottle stopped with its ends pointing towards them.

"Never have I ever made out with someone while I was drunk."

Half the people present at the table drank.

"Okay Tisha your turn.", Nisha said as the bottle stopped, pointing at me.

"Damn. I've not done much wild stuff. Let me think... never have I ever, flunked a test.", I said.

"Oh common.", a collective groan arose as almost the complete table drank.

"Hey, that's all I have.", I defended.

"Never have I ever gone after someone who was in a committed relationship.", Nisha said.

I gasped as I saw Aviral drinking and a second later Irrfan drank too.

"Don't you people have like a bro code against that!", I looked at them both.

"If it's worth it, go after it.", Avrial said.

"I'll drink to that.", Irrfan said.

I shook my head at both of them.

"Never have I ever thrown a surprise party for anyone.", Roger said.

Everyone except Aradhya drank. She smiled but quickly hid it as she looked up.

I nodded at Roger giving him the reassurance that his efforts would pay off eventually. 

"Never have I ever played undercover.", Aviral said and Irrfan laughed as everyone else drank.

My glass was still untouched. I had never done any of this stuff. I looked around hoping for anyone to say something on the lines of I have never bunked a class but this crowd was obviously too cool for that.

"Never have I ever sneaked out of the house at night and sneaked back in the morning without getting caught. Caught being the fundamental word.", Aradhya said.

I sighed, staring at my glass.

"It's not you, it's just me.", I said, looking at my glass.

I saw Irrfan chuckling as he sat across me.