CHILL MAADI

"You're not really studying theory for a practical paper are you?", Priya asked as she and Prakhar approached the team as were still sprawled on the grass four hours after the exam.

Irrfan had left some time back. Apparently life as a teaching assistant was much busier in the Academy.

I nodded. Anything to keep my mind off the drama that was unfolding in my life.

"You know what they say. If Priya is not studying for it, no one needs to either. I mean the woman practically studies for a moral science paper.", Prakhar said as they sat down.

"First of all, it was an ethics paper. And secondly I thought I could use the examples provided in the course book in my answers.", Priya defended.

"You know we love you baby but you overdo it with your preparation and right now you just spoiled Tisha too.", Prakhar chuckled.

I shut my notebook and glared at them all.

"Oh common. It's art of deception, we'll just make sure Aradhya and Roger do not have any unsolved relationship issues before the test and we're good to go.", Aviral said.

"Hey-", Roger and Aviral argued.

We all laughed.

"How was your paper?", I asked Priya. She was very tensed for this exam.

"Good, better than I expected. I jut wish I had more time to write more.", she shrugged.

Aviral nodded in approval while Roger and Prakhar shared a disappointed head shake behind her back.

"I'm just worried about the shooting test. I barely completed the minimum targets a day before the exams started, I don't know what hell he'll give us for the test field.", I shrugged.

"You'll do okay.", Aviral said.

"I hope.", I said with a tight smile.

 "Anyway it's language tomorrow and if I can't convince the native Gujarati and Kannadiga coming to test us tomorrow that I'm good enough to pass a native, I am so screwed.", Roger said.

"Hey, what's up guys?", Karan said as he and Ananya, our seniors approached us.

"They're losing their heads over the exam tomorrow.", Aviral said pointing at the rest of us.

I looked up at him and mouthed "Betrayal." An hour ago he was busy cross-checking even the 1 mark MCQs with Aradhya and here he was gladly throwing us under the bus as the worrying lot.

"You heard that? Caring about their exams! God we grew up Ananya. I mean worrying about exams that was so first year.", he laughed.

"That's cute.", Ananya chuckled.

"Oh common guys. I mean if we fail more than one subject we're screwed right. None of us wants to sit with our juniors in the same class.", Aradhya defended.

"Yeah about that.", Ananya said and exchange a wicked smile with Gaurav.

"They don't actually fail you, do they?", Aviral asked as he connected the dots.

"Just know that none of us in our year not even the ones who looked at their books twice the whole semester failed.", Ananya said.

"But then again maybe we were just too smart.", Gaurav smirked as they got up.

"Hahaha.", I chuckled dryly.

"Bye guys.", Aviral said. They waved us goodbye before heading back towards the buildings.

"Common guys, let's get going too. Kannada ain't going to learn itself.", Priya said as she got up.

"Chill maadi.", I said. She laughed and pulled me up.

"There goes consent.", I laughed.

"Yeah sue her.", Prakhar nodded.

"Oh I'll kill you then. Would make for stronger charges.", Priya said to Prakhar.

Prakhar chuckled as she shook her head.

"Really guys, let's get going and get some good sleep. We've got language in the morning and deception in the evening. It's going to be a long day.", Aviral said and the rest of the team nodded and got up.

We hurriedly ate some chicken curry and chappati. I borrowed some hot milk from the mess as Priya and I went up to our rooms.

"You're coming to our room.", Priya said to Aradhya as we approached our room.

"It's okay. I mean it's the night before the exams. You people probably want some peace.", Aradhya shrugged.

"Did she say yes because I heard yes.", I said as I unlocked the door.

"You guys-", Aradhya said.

"Please and I'll make us all some coffee.", I said, pointing at the jar of hot milk I had gotten from the mess.

"Are the best I was going to say.", she said as she chuckled, "I'll be back in a minute."

"You sure you're okay with it?", I asked Aradhya as we stepped in.

"Hey, all your friends are welcome in the room. And as for Aradhya, she is my friend too.", she said as she went in the bathroom to change.

I took out the coffee packets we had stored especially for the exams. I was recently experimenting with my coffee tastes after I had found this caffeine influencer on instagram. I had recently started drinking coffee without sugar and with more of water than milk and the taste had really improved. I tasted the more authentic flavor of coffee and it was a refreshing experience.

I took out three glasses from our cupboard and poured some coffee powder in each. Priya and I had decided to combine our supplies and had divided the costs of the utensil set too.  We bought all our daily supplies like toiletries on a monthly basis and split up the cost.

"Milk, sugar - just the way you like it.", I welcomed Aradhya with a glass of coffee as she entered buried in notes.

"Just the way everyone likes it.", Priya said, stepping out of the bathroom.

"Yeah sure gang up on the one creative person in the room who is willing to step out her comfort zone.", I said, handing them their glasses.

"You planning to take drama in ECA next semeter?", Aradhya asked and high-fived Priya.

"Oh god! Please don't become best friends, you'll make my life hell.", I laughed as we settled into our beds and opened the notes. 

"Right.", I said as I opened my laptop and stared at the different Gujarati terms.

"A manoranjaka hase.", I smiled as I started my Gujarati revision.