Part 19(Arnav proposes)

Flashback continues

So today was the day he would tell her. He was excited, nervous a bit scared too. He just wanted to see Khushi's expression. She would be shocked, happy or what?

He was in college and had asked Khushi too to meet him. She will accept him, right? Viraj had a point though. What if she actually denied. Now he could understand how it would have been for Khushi really it needed a hell lot of courage to express such a feeling. Although she had already expressed her feeling. But then if its love this won't fade away just in a month.

After a hell lot of discussion with his mind and heart, it was time to tell her. He was already waiting in the canteen. He had ordered her favourite jalebis and a coffee for himself.

Khushi: Hi Arnav kahiye aapne hume kyu bulaya tha. Kuch kaam hai? (Hi Arnav, Why did you call me. Had any work?)

Arnav: Khushi actually I umm have some jalebis these are your favourite.

Khushi: That's okay but...

Arnav: Come on Khushi...

Khushi: Okay .. wow they are tasty you ordered from my fav place? So treat of something or what?

Arnav: Yes something very great is going to happen soon.

Khushi: Really Wow what's that?

Arnav: You, you can only help me to make it great would you Khushi?

Khushi: yeah why not tell me. How can I help?

Arnav: Come with me.

Khushi: Where?

Arnav: You trust me?
He just wanted to see what value he holds in her life as of now.

Khushi: Offcourse I do.

Arnav: Then no questions.

Arnav and Khushi get up. Both sit in his Car.

Arnav: It will take time. I guess you should inform your parents you could be late.

Khushi did the same without any questions. They were now in outskirts of Delhi. Arnav parked his car outside his farmhouse.

Arnav: Come. (He opened the door for her)

Khushi followed Arnav. They were in the garden now. It was decorated very beautifully.

Khushi: Wow this is mesmerising. You have any function here?

Arnav: It's my farmhouse. Yes, there is something special today.

Khushi: okay so...

Arnav holds her hand.

Khushi: Arnav aap..(Arnav you..)

Arnav puts a finger on her lips.
Arnav: Now only I will speak and you will hear please for some time. Let me say what I want to then you can ask me anything.

Khushi just nodded while he continued.

You know when you confessed me your love it came as a shock to me. It was too sudden for me to say something. But then you gave me time to think I did think Khushi but there were many thoughts in my mind. I was damn confused. Love is such a feeling you know. I denied you but couldn't feel that peace that I should have felt. You know why because I wasn't clear. I always felt that I am missing something crucial. I felt so incomplete. For the initial days, I felt maybe I have just developed habit of being with you. So I miss it. But this one month made me realise that this feeling was much deeper than I thought it to be.
(He sighed for a sec.)

It...its love Khushi. I love you Khushi. I love the way you smile, your talks and just everything about you. You are phenomenal. I...

I don't know what else to say Khushi. I am just so inexpressive when it comes to such feelings. But I just want you to know that you are special. Really very special to me. I have never ever felt this way just like I felt for you. I am sorry for taking the time. But I wasn't clear what I wanted. I love you.

Khushi: Arnav mai kya kahu? Fir soch lijiye. (Arnav what should I say now? Think again)

Arnav: No Khushi I am sure about my feelings. There is no confusion. I know you are doubtful or maybe scared that I might change my mind again. Trust me Khushi I am sure this time. Believe me would you?

Khushi: I trust you. I need sometime please can you give me?

Arnav: Yes as much as time you want, take it. I am ready to wait. No hurry one day one week a month or even year. Sweetheart, I am just waiting for your reply.

Khushi: Thank you. Now can we go home?

Arnav nodded and they got back into the car. He dropped her home and went to his after that.

Some days passed it was same as before. This wait was driving him crazy. They didn't have any kind of conversation after that. Was she ignoring him, maybe she needs time, isn't she interest,.... and there were n numbers of such thoughts pondering his mind.

Arnav was in his car driving towards college when his phone rang he picked it up.

Khushi: Can you pick me up?

Arnav: On the way just 5 mins.

So finally she will answer me. He was much excited about all. Arnav picked her up. The rest of the journey was a silent one till college. He was about to get out of the car when Khushi caught hold of his hand.

Arnav sit will you? I have to talk said Khushi. He sat back on his seat back listening to what she wanted to say.

Khushi: I have given a thought of all the things and before I decide anything I want you to ask you some questions. Would you answer?

Arnav: Yes. Ask Khushi.

Khushi: Arnav when you told me that you are completely sure of your feelings I believe it. You can promise me today that you won't leave me? Don't think I doubt you. But it was different till now I confessed you, you denied and it was kind of over but now you feel its love. The thing is that I just really won't be able to bear the pain if you left me. Are you sure that you really want me forever in your life?

Arnav kept his palms on both of her cheeks: Yes Khushi you mean life to me. I cannot even think of leaving you. This one month meant hell for me. I promise you I won't leave you ever.

Khushi: Okay. Arnav can I request you one more thing.

Arnav: Sure please jaan.

Khushi: I don't want people to know about it. Can we keep it a secret for now? I haven't let my parents know this and somewhere I feel guilty. I never hid anything from them they had always given me the liberty to do whatever I like. I know I am hiding it but right now I don't if they really will approve me for something like this. We are still small for all this. Aren't we. At least according to them.

Arnav: Okay, as you wish. But Viraj knows about it.

Khushi: That's okay. But we won't tell it to more people. I haven't spoken of it to even Aman bhai neither N.K.

Arnav: Okay. I respect your decision Khushi and please don't think you are breaking your parent's trust. Love never happens with our knowledge. It just happens just like it happened to us. Don't feel guilty of anything. They love you Khushi they will understand it when you will tell them

Khushi hugged him tightly. I love you Arnav.

Okay so would end it here. Please vote and comment. Do let me know how was it?

Thanks for reading.