Part 25( Finding her)

Flashback continues

All of Arnav's energy was now drained and still, there was no sign of Khushi but would he stop he was stubborn to find her at any cost.

Khushiiiiiiiiiii he screamed his lungs out and sat on his knees and suddenly he could feel his heartbeats increasing that means she was near. Yes, she must be here somewhere he could feel her. He was back with new energy. He was calling her again and again.

Arnav... came a faint voice he looked in the direction to find her standing there holding a tree. She looked completely exhausted. Just then he saw she fell down on the ground. He ran towards her patting her cheeks so that she could wake up. She had a little bit of a fever too. He called for the team.

Finally, they were brought back to the camp. He laid her down but she was still holding his collar he gently removed her hand and sprinkled some water on her face.

She woke up. She was scared, shocked, exhausted she started crying. He hugged her tightly not caring about the people around. She too reciprocated his hug and then he whispered some sweet nothings to calm her down.

She realized their position and got back to sit properly. Teachers confirmed if she was okay. Arnav thanked the team and apologised Nakul for getting angry on him for no reason.

Both ate food. Arnav gave her medicine as she had a fever. Khushi was in her tent trying to sleep but she felt so uncomfortable. Also, she was a little scared of the dark as she was all alone. She was tossing and turning just then she felt someone's shadow coming towards her. Now, this scared her more. She took the knife kept aside in her hands. She was shaking.

Khushi: Who who is th... there?

Arnav: Jaan don't be scared it's me. Arnav.

Khushi took a sigh of relief and kept a knife back to its place. He sat near her checked if she had temperature still.

Arnav: How do you feel now and why didn't you sleep till now? You already had a fever.

She kept her head on his shoulder and she too held her by the waist.

Khushi: I was feeling a little scared so that's why. I am sorry.

Arnav: So you should have called me Jaan and how did you lose your way?

Khushi: Actually Mumma was calling but there was low signal so I thought to try to go nearby.

Arnav: and you went so far just for this unbelievable.

Khushi: No I just went a little far then Then...

Arnav: Then what Khushi?

She knew he would be angry.

Khushi: Then I saw a deer so I tried to go near it. I just wanted to touch it but it was running here and there so in order to catch him I too followed him and lost my way.

Arnav: Khushi are you out of your senses or what? Do you know how worried I was? You are not a kid damn it. You know how deep and dangerous this forest is how could you be so careless? You almost took my life. I was like where she would be? Is she okay? It was turning dark and every single moment it felt like someone was taking out life from me. It was not something I expect from you. Really its not acceptable.

Before she could utter a single word he stood up and got out of the tent. She had tears in her eyes. It was the first time he got so much angry. She had never seen him even raising his voice on anything or anyone not even in the most frustrating situations. She knew he was very much hurt.

She too came out and saw him standing crossing his hands looking upside she hugged him from behind but he didn't reciprocate her hug this time.

Khushi: I am so sorry love. I promise I won't be this careless next time. I was missing Mumma so just wanted to talk and then all that happened I know you were worried. I am really very sorry love. Please...

Cutting her words in between Arnav spoke.

Arnav: Leave for now Khushi. I don't want to hear anything neither want to say anything.

Khushi: But Love...

Arnav: I said leave. I want to be alone. Just Go.

Khushi was very much hurt she knew she did a mistake but such harsh words and that too by Arnav was so uncontrollable. She ran back in her tent keeping her palm on her mouth so that he couldn't hear her cry.

He knew she must be crying. It was aching him too. He wasn't angry with her but on himself, he should have been more caring towards her. He was literally scared when he couldn't find her.

After some time he went back into her tent.

He could hear her sobs. He felt a pang in his heart. How could he allow an innocent like her to cry?  She felt his presence so she suppressed her sobs and closed her eyes tightly to show as if she was sleeping. He too laid beside her.

He hugged her from behind and kept his hand on her stomach. She still didn't utter a single word.

Arnav: Jaan I know you are not sleeping. Please look at me, please.

Not able to control herself. She turned around and started crying again hugging him tightly. He slowly kept moving his fingers in her hair so that she could stop crying but she was still crying though they now had turned into sniffs.

Arnav: I am sorry Jaan for scolding you. Please, my sweetheart, stop crying. You know it hurts here( he pointed at his heart). When these precious pearls fall. I was not angry at you. I was scared to lose you. Every single moment felt hell Jaan. You know I can't think of living without you. Even the slightest of thought of losing you frighten to my wits...And that time...

She cuts him in between
Khushi: I understand Love. I know you were concerned. I am really sorry love but don't get angry on me like that. I will be more careful next time. I can't take it when you are don't talk with me. You can shout on me even hit me but don't ignore.

Arnav: Ok ok I won't I promise. Now stop crying Jaan or else we will have flood here.

Khushi hits him lightly on his chest. He chuckles and wipes tears away from her eyes then he kissed her forehead slightly.

Arnav: Okay now sleep we have to wake up early tomorrow.

She hugs him so did he and in minutes both drifts to sleep due to tiredness.

Okay so the part end here. Eagerly waiting to know how was it. Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading. Love you all.

With Love

Luvarshi