Part 47(Memories)

Khushi closed the door and went to her balcony. He had reached near his car. He looked at her before getting into his car both smiled at each other she waved her hand to say him bye he too waved his hand to do the same.

Though Khushi had told him to go away she just didn't want him to leave right now. And after the moment they had shared in the kitchen it was tough to get away from that warmth, love that she felt when she was in his arms. She wished as if that moment had stopped forever and she would have stayed in his arms like that forever forgetting everything. Being in his arms was bliss she felt peace, secure, loved.

Arnav was feeling no better either only if he had not committed such a mistake. Damn, such an idiot he had been. When Khushi was in his arms it felt like he was holding his world securely and possessively. He wanted to do it until eternity but now he had to go he sat in his car it will be difficult to leave if he kept looking at her like that.

Khushi sat on a chair in the balcony as he drove out. She wasn't feeling sleepy now. Though all day what they had was fun and of course it was a tiring day yet she didn't feel like sleeping. She felt light now as if a heavy stone was kept on her heart and now that was removed. She felt better after expressing her fears to him 'her soulmate'. A smile appeared on her face as she thought about the day he was doing things perfectly be it making the plan for the day handling Aarav and even her. Their little talks in between the day, his gestures that showed how much he cared. He was this way before too but one misunderstanding created so much bitterness. She didn't know when but she was thinking of the past and fell asleep after some time, after all, she was tired.

Arnav drove towards his mansion. He decided to go to the farmhouse the next day. The day went well but what next now? What next he needs to do she still had trust issues. He could read some confusions, some worries in her eyes. She was completely immersed in pain he saw it today those shrill cries of her expressed her pain so well. That one line from her mouth expressed her fear of losing him. She used to hug him before too but today he could fell the difference the way she was holding him tightly not letting him move even an inch showed how much she needed him how she feared his absence. "Jaan I am so sorry for not being there with you in your struggles." He was her support, her strength and he only broke her. He stopped the car on the lonely road as he felt frustrated with himself. He was losing his calm. He came out of the car.

Her cries were the only sound he could hear

Her cries were the only sound he could hear." Why dammit why you gave me a chance? I don't deserve one. Oh! Jann why you had to love me so much?" It started raining heavily he sat on his knees, It felt like someone was piercing his heart as he remembered her breakdown. He let her cry but only he knew how he had consoled her and controlled himself from breaking down in front of her.

Here Khushi woke up as she heard the sound of thunder. She looked in her mobile it was about 12."Must he have reached safely? It is raining heavily" she was worried. I am just a phone call away she recalled his words. Should I call him but at this hour it is already late she thought oh come on Khushi you have this much right on him her heart gave answer But then he would think I care for him she retorted So you don't care her mind questioned? I do but then... She thought for a minute then finally gave a call to him but he wasn't picking up. Now, this worried her. Khushi don't panic he must be asleep or maybe had just reached home. she tried to reason herself but all in vain so she again dialled his number but there was no answer again. She thought of calling him after some time maybe he was in the washroom. He was a responsible person he always used to call her whenever he reached home. But he hasn't given a call yet wasn't he home or he hasn't reached yet but why wasn't he picking up the phone. Arnav's phone was in the car and he was standing outside his car drenching himself completely lost in his own world. So he had no idea that someone might be calling him.

After 10 minutes she again gave him a call but again no response. She was seriously worried now should she call Aman now. Fear gripped her nerves Arnav always used to pick her phone and last time when he didn't attend her phone after that he had broken up with her. He won't leave her this time like before not after building those hopes in her. So many thoughts were making their way in her mind she was about to call Aman and suddenly her phone rang she checked the caller ID It was him. She quickly picked her phone and started to speak actually shout, "Hello Arnav, Kaha hai aap? phone kyu nahi utha rahe the? Hume kitni chinta ho rahi thi. Ek to itni tez baarish ho rahi hai. Aap ghar pohoch gye kya?Kuch bolenge bhi aap ya maun vrat le liya hai?

[Hello Arnav, Where are you? Why weren't you answering the phone? I was so much worried.It is raining so heavily. Did you reach home? Will you speak something or you have decided to stay silent?]

Mai thik hu Khushi ([I am fine, Khushi]. Actually(achuuuuu)(He sneezed). I am drenched had some problem (achhuuuu)[Again sneezed] in the car so came out to see it and it started raining.(achuu). Ok, I will reach home now then will talk to you he lied to her. He knew it well she must be worried and over if he told her about his mood being off she will feel sad too.

Thik hai pohoch kar phone zaroor kariyega. (Ok, give a call as you reach)

Yeah, he replied and cuts the call and started driving.

Meanwhile, Khushi felt as if he was hiding something from her. His voice? was it because of sneezing it sounded low, isn't it? Sneezing oh! damn, what if he fell ill? She knows he falls ill whenever he is drenched in rain.

Flashback

Once they were returning from somewhere. Arnav's car suddenly broke down he came out and started checking it and suddenly it started to rain. Khushi came out of the car and started to drench herself in rain. She had always loved the rain. The smell of mud as it rained."Khushi get inside, you will fall ill." He said to Khushi. No, love you also come we will enjoy it together she said merrily he looked at Khushi." Look Jaan I...." He stopped as he saw her wow she was happily dancing in the rain, that smile on her face. She looked cute like a kid who got his favourite gift. She was enjoying the rain. She looked at him and gestured him to come to her. He was in trance watching her he stood next to her constantly gazing her." I love this season so much this smell" she looks into the sky "Water dripping it is so refreshing" and she was blabbering this and that. "Arnav are you listening to what I am saying ? " But he was lost in admiring her. She shook him lightly Love?? Yeah, Khushi he said (achuuu) I (achuuu) he kept sneezing.

"Oh you caught cold let us get inside," she said worriedly he too nodded and sat inside the car. He was still sneezing. I catch a cold(achhu) quickly (achuu). So( achuu) that's why (achuu) I avoid getting(achuu) drenched he said in between his sneezes.

Flashback ends

After half an hour he reached home. He called her. Hey, Khushi I have reached, okay.

Take hot coffee or tea you catch a cold in rain you remember na? She said.

Ya don't worry I will manage (achhu) and you too sleep now you have to go to(achuu) N.K.' s house too. Bye said Arnav.

"Ya but you take care you are still sneezing so much she told him."
Though she disconnected the call but wasn't still sure of how he would be.

After about half an hour the phone beeps she looks it was his message" Haven't slept yet. I knew it. Don't stress yourself I am perfectly okay. Have taken coffee. Good night". Her mouth was opened in a big O how did this man know she wasn't asleep yet. Can someone really know her so well?
I love you she whispered to herself smiling as she finally decided to sleep.

Okay, so I end it here. Waiting for your comments and vote. Do tell me how was it?

Thanks for reading

Love you all. Stay healthy and happy.

With love
Luvarshi