Fairytales [20]

Recap:
Tenshi meets pervy sage and decides the open the second scroll her mother gave to her. Once she realized it was a summoning scroll she took to the forest. Soon after she's summoned into her future summonings world and finds out that the fairy tails she had grew up on were true.
||

"So let me get this straight, you're not half bat?"

"FOR KAMIS SAKE NO, NOW WOULD YOU SHUT IT ALREADY!"

"....."

We've been flying for hours now and we're still no where near our destination!?! Sighing inwardly, I lay back on my new companions head. Oh I forgot to introduce him! You know the creature from earlier, well turns out he's not so bad. As for his name, he said he couldn't remember as it's been so long since he's been near others. And I thought I was anti-social.

Finding out he didn't have a name I took the liberty of giving him one! I named him Batto, which is short for Battoman. At first he absolutely hated the name and actually tried to eat me but after a moment stopped for some weird reason. Watching the clouds above me, I flip over and rest my head on my arms with a bored look. "Ne Batto?" Taking his silence as a hint to just ask the question, I slowly examine our surroundings noticing how empty it seemed aside from the regular animals here and there. "If this is the summoning world for dragons, then where are like all the dragons??" Feeling him tense under my body, I raise an eyebrow. A moment of silence passes between us before he decides to finally answer. "I assume you're of the Jikan clan correct." Humming in agreement he continues.

"You know of the ancient story between the Jikan clan and the rival clan right?" I hum once again in agreement, replying, "My elder brother used to tell me of the fairytails about the slayer and the dragon all the time."

"What if I told you that it wasn't a fairytail?"

"With everything I've seen in my life, I would be surprised if it wasn't."

The bat was silent for a moment before releasing a dragon sigh.

"Listen and don't ask questions till I'm done."

"Bu-"

"Shh"

"Bu-

"Shhh!"

"Bu-"

"KAMI WHAT IS IT?!"

"I have to pee..."

After letting me stop to do my business in a bush, I thank Kami I stored toilet paper in the seal on my arm. What? I believe in being prepared.

Once we were back on the road or sky? I sat back and relaxed listening to a tale as old as time.

"Before the Mother Dragon had met the slayer, she had reigned over a kingdom herself, Doragon...The kingdom of dragons. Mirai was a kind ruler, she had compassion for every living thing, especially the humans. After she had met the slayer, she disappeared more often from the kingdom until one day she completely disappeared. Although our queen had abandoned us, we still kept loyal to her as she was what one would call a free spirit. A year later, the queen returned with a child, her child. Not only did the queen have a child with a human, but it was with a slayer, one of the many humans sent to hunt us."

"It wasn't the only thing that took us by surprise...our Queen was more harsher and colder and one of her wings was gone. When she retook her throne, doragon had plundered into a tyranny. For a dragon having your wings stripped from you was the highest manner of disgrace and weakness. Because of this and her former love for humans, especially when a human was the reason behind the loss of flight...well some dragons questioned her rule.