Angels fall [35]

Recap:
Tenshi and Hinata have a besties moment.
"Yeah, I'll see you later!"
||

Shikamarus POV:

"I see. Everyone is okay. I'm glad..." I glance at Narutos as his eyes cast down to his bandaged hands. The mission was a failure.

Everyone had came out badly injured except for me and I felt like crap. I was supposed to be the team leader yet I failed my team...
"Then Sasuke..."

"Yeah...He went to Orochimaru." Naruto says with sorrow filled eyes. I couldn't blame him. Despite the way he acted towards Sasuke I know Naruto thought of him as his best friend. I'd even go as far as to say brother. If I had lost Choji, I'd Be devastated too.

The door slides open suddenly making me and Naruto flinch. In came Lady fifth and Sakura.
From the look on her face I can tell she had heard the conversation between me and Naruto. Now that Sakura was here, I couldn't help but think someone was missing. Where was Tenshi? Even if what Naruto said was harsh she wasn't one to hold a grudge and cared about Narutos wellbeing even if he did hate her which he didn't. Surely she had received word about him being in the hospital along with the others.

Narutos POV:

"I was told you have a pretty severe wounds but you look pretty good to me."

Grandma Tsunade says breaking the silence.
Ignoring her statement I feel the shame I already felt double as my eyes catch Sakura-Chans. I can tell she had been crying and probably knew that our mission was a failure...
We couldn't bring back Sasuke.

I couldn't bring back Sasuke.

"I'm sorry, Sakura-Chan."
That's the only thing I could really say.
I'm sure I had let her down and she probably blamed me for it...

"What are you apologizing for?!" Her voice breaks my depressed state making me shoot my head up in surprise. She opens the curtains shadowing her face with her bangs.
"It's ok now, Naruto."

"it's a promise of a lifetime dattebayo!" I lean about forward with a grin trying to reassure her I wouldn't go back on my word. Even if there was no promise, There was no way in hell I would give up on bringing back Sasuke!
"I will keep going straight ahead, never taking back or bending my word! Because that's my ninja way!"

|Still Narutos POV:|

It had been a week and yet still no sign of she-Chan... I've tried asking Kakashi-sensei but even he was now worried about her disappearance. Usually it was normal for Ten-Chan to disappear from time to time because she'd either be with her summonings or off doing something else. From what I remember her kekkei genkai allowed her to go back in time at some point but even that didn't last that long. Me and Ero-sanin would be leaving soon for training and I didn't wanna leave without setting things right with she-Chan.

"GRANDMA-TSUNADE!!?"

I bust inside the old ladies room and pause in shock at the other faces in it. Literally all the rookies were here and even bushy brows team was here!?

"W-woah was there a meeting I missed or something dattebayo?!"

"Naruto Im glad you're here. I assume you're here for the same reason as well." My eyes shoot to Tsunade as she intertwines her hands in front of her face with a serious look.