Chapter 10

Milan

I woke up, in the car with G, not even remembering falling asleep

I woke up, in the car with G, not even remembering falling asleep. I been too damn tired lately, i gotta remind myself to take it a little easier on myself. Me being a full time student, while also being a well known Makeup Artist can be tiring. Getting called for multiple photoshoots and events,  during the week leaves me with no free time to myself.

"Damn what we going to the waffle house in Africa" I said, looking over at G who was bobbing his head to the music.

"nah, you only been sleep for about 10 mins, we bouta pull up on it in a few minutes" he said glancing over at me. "Why you so sleepy" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Life" i said, keeping it short.

"Come on with the 'worders' " he said cutting his eye at me. 

That was one thing that i could honestly say i loved about G, he never bit his tongue. If G didn't like something or even if he does, you gonna know. That shit do get annoying sometimes, but its nothing like a man who keep in one hunnit.

"Well like school, and work. You know how that go, cant turn neither one of them down." i said turning my body more towards him, and pulling my knees up to my chest.

"I mean i know you cant really fuck around with school, i wouldn't want you to either. But you could just take a few days off of work, just to relax."

"I need my coins" i said rubbing my fingers together, doing the money gesture.

"I feel that" he said squinting his eyes at the road. "Aight so what about if, you take your time off, i give you how ever much you were gonna make during that time. Don't matter how much" he said, this time fully looking over at me.

"G that's extra asf, I could just take my ass to work" i said shaking my head no.

"Its not extra though Lani, you needa relax." he said pulling into the parking lot of waffle house.

"Shit gotta get done, rent gotta get paid. Stop acting like you don't know about responsiblites and priorities." I said, putting my arms back through my hoodie.

"I definitely understand that ma, I do but you cant be out here killing ya self, especially when you got somebody tryna help you." he said turning the car off, leaning back in his seat.

"Look, i'm like this cause, i didn't always have shit like i do now. I had to work for what i got and make a way by myself. So its had for me to sit around and accept hand outs" 

"Come on now, you see who you talking to, you cant come at me with shit like that thinking i'm not gone understand. Wrong nigga Milan" he said leaning back with eyes closed. 

"I'm not saying you don't understand G, i'm saying you gotta respect, the fact that imma work in order t keep my expensive lifestyle in tact." 

"You know what you right, Im tripping. Im not gonna know ya hustle ma, i'm just saying it wont hurt to take a break." he said leaning up, reaching over me, opening the glove department. Revealing a big ass jar of weed.