Chapter 39

G

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, i squinted, and patting around the bed for my phone

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, i squinted, and patting around the bed for my phone. I slowly slid my arm from under Lani, and sat up seeing my phone at the end of the bed. I grabbed it, seeing it was my aunt, i hesitated to answer, already knowing what she was calling for. But i knew i couldn't avoid it so I slid the green button over answering it. 

"Aunt B, it's 7:30 in the morning" i said, running my hand down my face.

"I know, Gionni its important" she said, sounding like she was panicking.

"Wassup" i said, playing dumb.

"Tearia, she needs you.. can you please help her GG please, she told me she called you already, but please GG" she said crying into the phone.

"No disrespect Aunt B, but Tearia crossed the line when she involved the feds, i just really don't think its much i can do to help her" i said honestly.

"GG, i understand she was wrong.. but you can't let them kill her, all they want is money" 

"I don't got no money for that girl Aunt B, i helped her enough her whole life and she did some snake shit over a nigga" i said, getting mad all over again.

"So they were right... the fame is changing you huh" she said crying. "The GG i know would protect his family by any means" 

I chuckled at the fact that my family was having conversations about me changing since i became famous, when that wasn't even the case "Ain't nothing change bout me Aunt B, you right i would protect my family by any means but she stopped being my family the minute she picked up that phone and called the cops.. i could be in jail for the rest of my life."  

"So you just gonna let them kill her, they already got my baby boy? My last child i have left.. you going to let them take her"

I stepped out the bed, and walked into the bathroom "I'm sorry Aunt B" i said hanging up the phone. No lie, i definitely felt bad for my aunt but Tearia crossed lines that should've never been crossed. She crossed worst lines then my ex Keshia crossed, calling the feds is ultimate betrayal. 

"You okay" Lani said, wrapping her arms around me.

I nodded my head, "Yeah i'm aight".

"You sure ?" 

I sighed, "My aunt just called begging me to help Tearia" i said, turning around to face her.

"You should've known that call was coming, so what you gonna do?" 

"I told her i'm not helping her, of course she pulled the guilt trip.. knowing mentioning Lik was gonna hit a soft spot" 

"G if you know you gonna feel some type after its all said and done, then help her.. What is it that these people want" she asked, brushing her teeth.