Chapter 16

*THANKSGIVING DAY*

Gionni

"Yeah ma, we'll be there around 4 or 5 o'clock" i said into the phone

"Okay baby, make sure you stop and get ice" she said hanging up the phone.

I hopped up out of my bed and fixed it. I slept by myself last night cause mama was being extra, talking bout she needed to stay at her own house so she can focus on getting her outfit ready for today. I swear she do the most when its time to get dressed, but she be looking good, so i wont complain.

I walked in the closet, to figure out what i was going to wear today. Every year my moms always have a big ass Thanksgiving dinner at her crib, the whole family came through, people even came from out of town. This year was going to be the first Thanksgiving without my cousin Lik, and that was fucking me up no lie. I was so appreciative of Lani, and how she kept my mind off him on my birthday.

I decided to call Lani and see what she was doing, since it was already 2 o'clock. I knew she was probably getting dressed or doing her makeup. I clicked her name to begin the Facetime call, it rang twice and then she picked up.

I smiled into the phone, "Aye mama, you look like you over there playing, eating taffies and shit

I smiled into the phone, "Aye mama, you look like you over there playing, eating taffies and shit. Imma be there at 3:30"

"All i have to do is straighten my hair and throw my clothes on, i just got out the shower" she said with a straight face.

"You know damn well you be forever on that hair. This why i hate when you go home to get dress, cause i cant see what you doing and you take forever."

"Thats why i wanted to come home" she said laughing.

"3:30 mama, seriously" i said standing the phone up on a shoe box in my closet, so she could still see me as i looked for something to wear.

"Okay Gionni" she said.

"What should i wear" I said looking through my jackets.

"Umm lemme see that shirt right there" she said as i put my hand on this black and white "Goyard" shirt.