Chapter 43

G

A month later

A month later

"You good" i asked, helping Lani up on the hospital bed. We were here for her 4 month check up, to make sure everything's going right with the baby.

"Mhm, i'm not cripple G.. i could've got up here by myself" she said laughing.

"Heard Ju" i said, not really paying her any mind, i was gonna help anyway.

"You think everything's okay" she asked, swinging her feet.

"Yeah, you been drinking your water and taking you vitamins while i'm gone right?" i asked, because of my crazy schedule, i have to leave from time to time and with her still in school she has to stay here.

"Yeah" she said.

"So why you worried mama"

"Idk, I can't help it... thats all i think about" she said.

"Shit me too, well not if he or she is okay because you doing everything you supposed to be doing, but i do think about what its gonna be like when the baby is here" i said.

"Me too, I wonder what its gonna be like being someone's mom" she said laughing.

"You gonna be a dope ass mom, i can already see it boo"

She looked up smiling at me as the we heard a knock on the door, and the doctor came walking in. "Hello, glad to see you back Ms. Montana" he said walking over to where Lani was sitting, shaking her hand.

"And you must be dad" he said, furrowing his eyebrows, I guess not sure.

I stood up, shaking his hand, "Yeah, i'm dad" i said, which sounded kind of weird for the first time.

"Nice to meet you Mr......"

"Jordan" i said, giving him my last name.

"Iv'e seen you somewhere" he said, squinting. "Do you go by a different name?" he added.

I chuckled, "Yeah, Dave East" i said.

"I thought so, you're all the female nurses talk about in here, i'm surprised they're not stalking the room right now, they love you man" he said laughing.

"That's everywhere we go" Lani said, smirking.

"She jealous" i said laughing.

"I don't wanna cause any problems here, so lets check up on baby" he said, washing his hands. "Okay so, this is month four correct?" he asked.

"Yup, month four" Lani said, leaning back on the bed, as i walked over standing next to her.\

"Okay so this is second trimester now, this is where we really get the ball rolling.... during this time baby will develop defined fingers and toes, eyelids, and even eyebrows, eyelashes, nails and hair... we probably wont be able to see much of that today, because its a little early" he said as he put gloves on.