EIGHT (Part II)

You P.O.V

Jin frowns. "You have a very bad sense of humor." He says, then starts packing his first aid kit. "Can we talk?" He asks as soon as he gets to his feet and flings his backpack over his shoulder.

"Just as soon as we steal their car." I finally reply.

I check my bullet wound. He has evenly cut off the lower part of my hoodie right up to my waist and bandaged the wound so finely, that I cannot see a single gap of my skin. Great. This way I feel less exposed. Wait-the pockets are gone! Oh well, no more pockets to hide my knives in. I let out a gasp-Suga's knife! It's still in Red's thigh! Oh I am so dead when he finds out. Should I just go back and pull it out if his thigh? Nah, that's rude. I'd rather face Suga's wrath, instead. Maybe-just maybe-there is a chance he might forgive me. Suga is kinda mean but he isn't as heartless as Ravi.

"And thanks for patching me up. You've done it nicely." I thank him and then push myself off the wall and try to stand properly, wobble slightly, which is embarrassing because I do not wobble, then walk quickly in the direction where Red said I would find the car. Jin follows, half a step behind. There is a car idling, a black sedan (just like he said), with a driver. No one else. This would be so much easier if I hadn't been shot.

I should go for stealth or something, anything, but I am too tired. I walk up straight, reach down and open the driver's door (should've locked it, that was phenomenally stupid of them), and am surprised to see a woman, mid-twenties, behind the wheel.

She is pretty and slim built and has hair that is dyed strawberry-blonde and a kind face that is currently frozen in shock. Ooh, and she's dressed in a zip-up black leather jacket and matching leather pants. She has an undeniably good sense in fashion.

And not to mention I analyzed all this under five seconds. I can be pretty fast when I want to.

"You," she says like she knows me.

I answer by grabbing the stun gun out of my pocket and using it on her. Nice to meet you, too, lady.

"Pull her out," I say. Jin doesn't move, so I say it again. "Pull. Her. Out." And this time he listens, and gently lifts her off the driving seat, takes her in his arms, and sets her on the sidewalk. What a gentleman. All I asked him was to pull her out.

She isn't unconscious, but she curled up against the pain and I almost feel sorry for her. Stun guns are like mini pawns of Satan straight from hell. I know for a fact.

"I should drive." Jin says looking at my side where I got shot.

"You don't know where to go."

"Do you?"

"No, but my guess is always better than yours." My guess is always better than enyone's.

He gets in and I do, too. The seat is leather and still warm. I pull out, calmly, driving exactly the speed limit as I head east-my instincts are telling me to head east-out of the city. We are lucky. I flew here, but it's only a five-hour drive back to Chicago.

I look for OnStar, but I don't see anything and I don't feel like the car will be traced. I don't think they will call the police, either. I have a good feeling about this car.

"(y/n)," His voice is flat and I glance over to see him staring intently at me. I wish we were at a deli, eating and laughing and feeding the puppy. I miss the puppy. Wonder if he is alright? I hope it won't rain!

"Call me Iris. That is my code name." I tell him. I want him to call me by my real name, but I am afraid he will call me by that in front of other people as well. I hate it when strangers know my real name. And of course, Jin was not a stranger. Not anymore he is not. We are friends-though I wish we could be more than just friends, too. I also wish my bullet wound didn't hurt so much I wanted to die.

So much blood today.

"Oh, okay." he replies.

"What do you do?" I ask, scanning the road. "You are just a student, right? I can't figure why they want you dead. Do you have important parents?"

He leans back and rubs his forehead. "Well, my dad is a dentist and my mom runs a day care . . . ?" he says something softly, which sounded like damn it. "They are going to think I am dead, aren't they?"

Awww, he doesn't swear! I would have sworn right now if I was him.

"You can't contact them."

"This will kill them."

"You will probably get listed as missing."

"They will have hope. It will be okay." I want to reach over and take his hand. But I can't. I don't want to touch him with my murderous hands.

"How exactly do you define okay?"

I laugh, my real laugh, or at least the only real laugh I have anymore. It's short and it's harsh and it scrapes my throat.

He sighs. "I am not a student. I'm a doctor."

"How old are you?" I shouldn't be hurt that he lied about his age, but I am. And also bothered that I hadn't been able to tell he was lying. That's bad.

"I'm nineteen." Ha! So I was right. He is not a liar. "I just did everything faster." He explains. "I moved here to finish up a research project on teaching and diagnosing brain disorders through a combination of chemical analysis and MRI mapping."

I make a noncommittal noise. I have no idea what any of that means or why it makes him need to be dead. I need to focus on driving.

I almost pass out on the freeway on-ramp. We pull over and I let Jin drive. I will figure out a place for him to hide in San Francisco. And I have to head home soon after so they will not suspect something is wrong. I don't know the rest of what to do yet, but it consists of kidnapping Rosé and then all of us running away together. Stop thinking about it! No thinking.

Assuming they do not know what I am planning, I could be dead as soon as I get back. I hope Rosé doesn't see it, hasn't seen it, won't see it. I don't want her to see it. But of they kill her first, I will kill as many of them as I possibly can before I go down.

"Who are you?" Jin asks after a few minutes calmness. I don't usually like riding in the passenger seat, but today it feels nice to be dulled. Usually I am sharp. And being sharp all the time is exhausting.

"I am (y/n). I told you."

"I saw you back in that alley. You were crazy. You took down four guys, and you are this small young girl. You look so nice and so pretty-" he blushes and I smile. Oh he is just adorable. I wish I was a good enough person for him to date, to love, but I am not. I am an assassin. "and I don't understand what you were-what you are-any of this!"

He doesn't understand. He can't. "I have to do whatever they tell me to do. I don't have a choice. As far as the alley, I happen to have very good instincts." I yawn, pulling my legs up (fuck-my stomach) and resting my head against the seat. I am safe with Jin, at least for now.

"Four big guys with weapons. That is more than very good instincts."

"Okay," I say closing my eyelids, because they are getting heavier by the second. "I have perfect instincts. And my sister can see the future. And my boss's secretary can read minds. And my ex-roommate can feel other people's emotions."

"Please don't lie to me." He sounds sad. I don't ever want to make him sad.

I feel sleepy and light at the same time and I just want to sleep. I think I'll sleep. "Who said I was lying?" I mumble before finally letting go.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!

It would make my day