NINETEEN (Part IV)

Your P.O.V

He pecks my nose instead, then laughs. I open my eyes and glare.

"My dad is evil. But in his son. It's my duty to care. I owe it to my mother."

"So are you finally living up to Daddy Dearest's dearest wishes? Are you going to seduce me, mister Kim Jongin?"

He pulls me closer. "I've only stayed away from you this long because he wanted me to do the opposite. I can't let him win, can I?"

"I won't tell if you don't."

"But what about the Readers?"

"Oh, them? I think 'I'm boinking the boss's son!' at them every chance I get. But only the ones that are either in love with you or have a crush on you."

"You are evil." He says, but he looks at me like I'm not.

I know it's wrong.

He's the Big Boss's son.

True, he doesn't like his father, but that doesn't change the fact that he's still his son.

He's almost as good as a liar as I am, and I'm too drunk to sift through what he has said.

It feels wrong in every way.

But his hands are on my neck and in my hair and tracing my collarbone and it is wrong but it feels right, it feels like falling and I know the impact at the bottom will probably kill me, but I don't care anymore.

"I've wanted to kiss you since that first night in the school. I've wanted to kiss you every single day since then." He shifts me even closer. We are touching, touching everywhere and it feels wrong, so wrong, but right right now and I close my eyes and his lips are even better at the dulling than the drinks or the music. His lips light me on fire and dull everything else and I lose myself in them, and I am so happy and relieved to be lost I could cry.

We stumble on top the trees, wrapped around each other, and I am light-headed and my feet can't trace a straight line, and I can't feel anything.

Right or wrong or even my hands.

It's glorious.

I laugh.

Kai nuzzles his face into the top of my head, breathing in my hair. "You're amazing, you'd know that? I think I love you."

I push him into the wall, grab his shirt in my fists and kiss him hard. And then pull away. He is such a liar. "Your don't love me, you idiot. No one does. No one should."

"That's not true. I do love you. I'm just trying so hard not to. It's would ruin everything. But you don't make it easy, you know?"

I laugh and walk a fee steps ahead. This late/early there is no one our bus a car on the corner. Delivery van.

Idling.

It's wrong, it shouldn't be there, I know it shouldn't. No one would deliver something right now on the streets. I turn to Kai. "Something's wrong." I know it's in my stomach sloshing work drinks.

"Nothing's wrong." He reaches out to pull me into his arms and I jump forward and purrs my foot behind his, trip him as I shove him down.

Someone swings a fist where his head was.

I lift my foot and kick backward as hard as I can with my sharp heel (the sharp heels—I needed the sharp heels), and it slams into something and there is a wet give as it breaks through skin and someone shouts, but it's muffled. I yank my foot back and shoe doesn't come with it. I kick the other one off as well because now it will only slow me down.

Am I screaming? I should be screaming. Kai is shouting, trying to get up. The man who swung at Kai's head earlier, pulls something out of his jacket and points it at Kai and I can't lose Kai, I won't, not not that I finally found his lips. I throw myself onto the man, wrap my arms and legs around him. He's off balance and stumbling, and I sink my teeth into his shoulder as hard as I can.

I shouldn't have had anything to drink. Rosé was right. This is not a fight I should lose.

He slams me into the brick wall and the air leaves my lungs in a sad,  drunken swoosh. I drop off and hit the ground on crouched legs. I need to protect Kai. I need to get them away from Kai.

I run (I can still run, I know how to run, I can do this) toward the opposite side of the street, away from the van. Glance back, they've left Kai, he's up now and stumbling towards us, but he had even more to drink that I did and they are not drunk, they are definitely not drunk.

I can get away. I know I can. One of them has stopped, turned to face Kai. Does he have a gun? He might have a gun. I don't know, I can't tell.

If I run now, I'll only be followed by one and I can take him down and get away.

I turn and spin past the man following me, dive for that knees of the man facing Kai. He falls; I am tangled up in him.

"RUN!" I scream at Kai. "I'm right behind you!"

He waits until I'm up and then runs and I am behind him, just like I promised.

And someone is behind me, arms circling around my waist, lifting me off the ground. Cloth-covered hand over my mouth, pulling me backward. I am swimming and it smells stinging sweet and someone has my legs. I suddenly can't remember how to kick, it's getting to dark. A light, a slamming door. Kai, where is Kai? I can't breath and most of all, I can't keep my eyes open.

The last thing I see is the strawberry-blonde haired girl in a zip-up black leather jacket and leather pants whose car I stole.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!

It would make my day