EIGHTEEN (Part II)

2 YEARS + 4 MONTHS AGO

2016

(y/n) – 14| Rosé – 18

Your P.O.V

Outside the entrance hall I nearly bump into a boy. He's wearing a coat and he is tall and he belongs black-and-white and shirtless on the wall of a clothing store and his warm dark brown eyes are completely glazed over. I simultaneously want to kiss him and get as far away from him as possible. He feels wrong, he feels dangerous; my heart speeds up the same way for him that it did for the stun guns.

Everything here feels wrong all the time. But he feels exciting wrong.

"Hey," he says grinning, his eyes tracing over me without apology.

"Hey." I've never seen this boy here before. In fact, I've never seen him anywhere before. Wonder what Rosé would make of him.

"Jongin. Kim Jongin. But please, call me Kai." he sticks out his hand for me to shake. "My dad owns this place." he adds.

I keep my murderous hands to myself. "Your dad as in the so called Big Boss?"

"The very same!"

"I should bash your brains in right now," I say, but I'm too tired to do it.

"You're the third person to say that to me today!" he winks, then takes my arm and links it though his own. "Why don't you take me on the grand tour of the secret school?"

"Why don't you take a walking tour through the rush-hour traffic?"

He laughs. "I like you. What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't. But it's (y/n)."

"(y/n), I have done something very bad."

I know it's wrong to go with him toward the empty classrooms, but I go anyway. If something goes wrong, I know exactly what to do. I could either break his neck or knock him out cold. I'll know which option goes best when the time comes.

"I'll bet I've done something worse." I find myself saying.

"I would love to hear if you have." But I get to go first. I have"—he looks both ways down the hall in exaggerated caution, then leans in and whispers right in my ear (this feels so wrong, but it doesn't stop the shivers from going up and down my spine; he is gorgeous, I have never been this close to a gorgeous boy)—"broken into a boarding school for special teenagers."

I shove him back and glare. "That's it? That's pathetic."

"It's not! It's very, very bad. You see, I also brought whiskey with me. Stolen whiskey."

I yawn, patting my hand over my mouth.

"Stolen from the Dean of my college."

I check the watch I am not wearing for the time.

"After he expelled me."

I look him straight in the eyes. "I delivered a package bomb that killed two people." Oh yeah, and how could I forget? "And their dog."