TWELEVE (Part I)

Rosé's P.O.V

Unlike in most situations where people wake up after passing out, when I wake up, there isn't a single soul to be seen.

Oh yeah, I'm blind. How could I forget that?

The smell of Surgical Spirit and a bunch of other medicines and chemicals that's luring in the air proves that I'm not in my room.

Wonder who brought me to the infirmary? Who was I with before I passed out? Oh yeah, Ken! Does that mean he carried me all the way here? My goodness, what a sweetheart!

"Rosé?" I immediately recognise Ken's voice; as calm and gentle as always, but I can sense a tinge of concern in it right now. "Are you okay?"

I try to sit up and he immediately comes to my assistance. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I smile greatfully.

He sighs in relief. "Thank God."

"(y/n)!" I suddenly remember. Oh yeah—forgot that she doesn't like to be called by her real name in front of others. "Is Iris back?" I ask him, unable to help but sound desperate.

Oh, I hope she's okay . . .

"No, not yet . . ." He says in a quieter tone.

"Oh," I can't help but sound disappointed.

But why do I feel like he's lying?

When it comes to lying and telling if someone's lying, (y/n) is an expert. I can barely tell if someone's lying, and thanks to my blindness, it's almost impossible. But when it comes to my little sister—where no one else can tell whether if she's lying or not, even while being able to see—I can.

But Ken doesn't usually lie. Actually, he has never lied. At least not to me. At least not until now.

"What time is it?" I have a feeling it's really late.

"It's eleven forty-seven now. You were out for five hours." He replies.

Eleven forty-seven! Why isn't she back yet?! She should be back by now!

"Can you take me to my room?" I ask him, pushing back the covers and putting my feet on the floor; the marble tiled floor feels icy cold beneath my feet.

I have to get to my room because (y/n)'s gonna go looking for me, otherwise. Be it a mission or a hit, the first thing she does when she comes back home, is come check up on me.

"Sure, of course." He says getting to his feet.

I can't help but hear the annoying sound of high heels clacking that's coming from outside the hall way.

"Oh, you're up. Whooppee." A woman says walking in; her voice flat and emotionless like always. "Glad your not dead, otherwise it would've messed up all of our future plans for your sister." She says. God, why does she have to be so honest about it? "I'll send Jisoo to take you to your room."

"No need. I already asked Ken to take me to my room." I try not to snap at her. We don't have much interactions with each other—me and Bae Suzy. But (y/n) does, and I'm surprised at how she still hasn't killed this woman. She's absolutely unbearably annoying.

"Let me remind you in case you've forgotten—which you have," she begins. "No one is allowed on your floor except for Mr. Hong, Jisoo, the higher-ups and the people with their consent."

I know you annoying witch. Unlike Jisoo who can come and go as she pleases, without Mr. Hong's key card, I'm not allowed off the floor.

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth. And then she leaves without another word.

Φ

For some reason I find the whistling sound of the kettle very pleasant. The sound makes me the feel like home, if you get what I mean.

I listen to the sound of Jisoo pouring water into my cup. Now, this is a sound that I love to hear; the sound of water trickling out of the teapot. I find it very calming and relaxing.

"Here you go." she says placing my tea in front of me on the table.

I hold my hand on top of it and feel the steam before taking a whiff. "Chamomile tea?" I smile into the steam.

"Yep," she pops the 'p'. For some reason it makes me smile whenever she does that. "It's good for calming your nerves." she explains.

"Thanks." I smile at her. And then all of a sudden I'm greeted by a flash of light and I can see—oh, light, I can see!—and it's all lights and darkness, flashing passing light and vibrations and it's dark and there's smoke and it's a fire? It must be a fire! There are too many people, they'll all die—

No, it's not fire, the bodies are dancing. The vibrations are the pounding rhythms of a song. The lights changes colour so quickly I can't remember their names. And (y/n)—oh, (y/n), you're so beautiful it makes my heart ache—is in the middle of it all, slamming her body, moving and swaying and dancing to the beat in a way that no one else can. Despite all the things she's been through, in that moment, she's happy.

I want nothing to do but watch my sister dance. But then I know I'm not the one watching her. Someone else is. That's the point of this vision, to see that (y/n) is happy but someone else is seeing her. I try to turn and scan the crowd, but it doesn't work like that: I'm locked in, stuck seeing and only seeing but not seeing enough. Someone is watching her. (y/n) dances on, oblivious.

If I can only figure out who is doing the watching, then—

"Rosé! Rosé!" Jisoo's voice pulls me out of the light and the darkness and slams all around me again, permanent, claustrophobic after my brief foray into vision.

"Oh my god, were you seeing something? I'm so sorry—I didn't know!" she immediately starts apologizing, but I don't blink, don't reply. "Rosé? Are you okay?" she's kneeling beside my chair now, one of her arms on the back of my chair and the other on top of my right.

And that's when I hear the muffled voices that's seem to be coming from outside the main door and slightly lift my eyes form my tea.

"What is it?" Jisoo asks in alert, gently squeezing my hand.

"Do you hear that?" I ask looking straight ahead.

"Hear what?" she's confused. I guess she can't hear that well.

"Could you check if someone's at the door?" I ask turning to her.

"Yeah, sure." she says, and I attentively listen to her footsteps until they fade out and come to a halt at the door. I lean forward supporting on my elbows. I'm sure I heard someone outside arguing or something. "Tae?" I hear her say in shock. I get up from the table pushing back my chair and start walking towards the door, tracing the walls.

"Rosé! Where's Rose?!" he sounds urgent and exited at the same time.

"What is it Tae?" I ask rushing into towards them.

"Iris—she's back!" he announces in glee.

Iris is. . . back? Oh my god, she's back! My baby sister is back!

"Where? Where is she? Take me to her!" I reach out for him like a kid.

I hate reaching out for people. But when it comes to Tae, I don't really mind. I don't know why though, probably because he's like a child, himself?

"Sure!" he replies, grabs hold of my hands, and pulls me towards him. "Jisoo, you coming?" he asks Jisoo over my shoulder.

"Yep, coming!" she merrily replies.

"Let's go!" Tae gently says before pulling me out of the door.

For a moment there I even forgot poor old Mr. Hong; my twenty-seven-year-old doorman. Probably because he didn't argue or say a word against Tae, as he dragged me down the hallway and into the elevator.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!

It would make my day