THIRTEEN (Part II)

3 YEARS  AGO

2016

(y/n) – 14| Rosé – 16

Rosé's P.O.V

I clutch (y/n)'s hand, feeling the sand beneath my toes. I thought today would be magical, but as I match up what I saw with what I feel and hear and smell, I just keep imagining the expression on (y/n)'s face from the vision.

She wasn't happy.

Nothing about her was happy. I remember my parents faces, I remember what happy looks like, of course I do. A dozen other girls shout and laugh around us; I hear a few running through the shallow waves even though it's far too cold to get in.

We spent the afternoon at the aquarium. Jisoo could tell I was distracted and kept telling me the names of the weirdest fish, but I couldn't stop wondering what's going on with (y/n). Still can't. (y/n) pushes my hair aside where it's blown into my face and I try to smile at her.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I ask, hopeful.

"Yeah."

"Jisoo?" CL asks. Jisoo has been sitting to my left, while (y/n) on my right. "Could you take Chaeyoung's hand? I need to burrow (y/n) for a minute."

I relax a little. I talked to CL yesterday and she was horrified. She said that some of the trainers they brought on were new and overzealous, and what they were doing with (y/n) was completely inappropriate. She said she'd fix it immediately. I smile and let go of my sister's hand. CL is going to tell her that she'll never have to do that insane class again.

There's so much noise here. So many different sounds to filter through. The water, constant, under and over everything. Birds. I don't notice the birds in my vision-I'll have to pay closer attention next time. Traffic. We must still be near the road. Conversations around me. I can pick out CL and (y/n).

"Why?" (y/n) asks.

"We want to see if you can do it. Think of it as a game."

"It's stupid. I won't do it."

"You want out of Suzy's sessions?"

Pause. "Yes."

"Then show me you can do this. Focus. Go on instinct. All you need to do is get this into that woman's bag without anyone around her noticing."

Pause. "That's all?"

"That's all."

"It doesn't feel right."

"Make it feel right, then. You can focus it. I know you can."

"Fine. Whatever."

Then the conversation is over and I'm confused. That wasn't what caprice was going to talk to her about. Maybe Suzy is in charge of the self-defense classes. But what was that about a woman and a bag?

"I'm gonna go down to the water; wanna come?" Jisoo asks, but I shake my head, lost in what I saw. "She puts her hand on top of my head. "You with too much. Shout if you want me." and then I listen to her footsteps on the same until they fade away. And then I hear new footsteps coming my way from behind.

"Hey," someone ruffles my hair and flops down on the sand next to me. I only had time to recognize that the voice belonged to a guy. "Having second thoughts about going into the water?" Oh, it's Jaehwan. I've met him a few times in the common room and during breakfast. In my opinion, he's a very nice guy. And not only (y/n), but everyone else thinks so too. Also, (y/n) and Jisoo had previously told me that he looked very cute and kind.