NINETEEN (Part II)

Your P.O.V

"He put something in it." I hear Jungkook's voice loud and clear and surprisingly well over the blasting music.

I roll my eyes. "Of course he did." I turn to the line boy, but, oh dear, he's on the ground, clutching a bleeding nose. I shake my head and tsk at Jungkook. "That's no way to make friends!"

He narrows his eyes at me, clearly annoyed. "We're leaving." He still has my arm and he's pulling me towards the exit. I stay put and pull him back. I have some unanswered questions for him.

"Anyway, how did you even get here?" I ask while scanning him head to toe.

Overall, he's in a black silk shirt with the first three buttons undone and the sleeves pulled up, black ripped jeans, and a pair of tan timberlands, his favorite. Moreover, his cheeks are tinged in dark pink, and his hair is so drenched in sweat that it looks as if he just stepped out of the shower and tried to shake it off dry. He used to have short hair but he recently started growing it out, so now it came all the way past his ears. Hmm. Seems like he was searching for me on foot . . .

"I was around the neighborhood when Kai called me for help. We split up. I was planning to call him once I got you out of here." And then he starts pulling me towards the exit again. But I'm not in the mood to leave just yet.

I spin away from his grasp and back into the bodies, turning and beckoning him with a grin. I usually don't do this. Especially not with Jungkook. He sighs, all the while crossing his arms over his chest and shaking his head in disapproval.

I raise both arms in the air (it hurts when the muscles on my side stretches but I don't care), bring them up through my hair, let my hips catch the beat. I look at Jungkook through my eyelashes.

I have never let anyone dance with me before, not once, but I might die tomorrow and Rosé used me and I can never be with someone like Jin, so I don't care about anything tonight.

I raise an eyebrow and nod at Jungkook as if to say "What are you doing? Get over here, already!"

Arms still crossed over, he bites his lower lip, looking down with a shy smile, and shakes his head. Then he raises his head halfway up, eyeing me with a devilish smirk, and finally follows me.

With that wet hair, devilish smirk, and slightly unbuttoned dark silk shirt with the sleeves pulled up showing off the veins popping in his arms as he continues to keep them crossed over his chest . . . man, does he look sexy tonight.

I turn my back to him, pressing myself against his chest, then I take his hands and place them on my hips before raising my arms and wrapping them around his neck, running one hand up his hair.

This is odd. But it's odd in a good way. It feels good to have his body next to mine. And it isn't just a body, it's his body.

We're an odd combination, Jungkook and I. If someone we knew saw us right now, they would think that they were seeing things . . . that they were delusional. But no one can blame them for thinking like that because after all, back at the institution we're known as nothing more or less than rivals, him and I. We were only ever an opponent, a competition to each other. Nothing less, nothing more. But are things still the same? I'm not so sure anymore . . .

My state of temporary bliss doesn't last for too long, because soon after Jungkook takes one hand off of my hip and uses it to pull my hand down from his hair, instantly spinning me around to face him. Running his free hand around my waist, he pulls me closer and leans into my ear. "We should get you home." His breath against my ear makes the muscles in my lower stomach go tight.

Woah—what was that? And wait, go home? No way, I don't want to leave yet! I want to stay like this a little longer. And if it's possible, then forever.

"You should buy me a drink!"

"You aren't supposed to drink." He replies in a heartbeat.

"Thanks, Rosé!" I say sarcastically. "I'm also not supposed to do this." I put my hands on his chest (my hands he knows all about, but doesn't push me away, nonetheless), and I stretch up, standing on my tippy-toes, take his earlobe between my teeth.

"(y/n)," He says, and I can't tell if he's scolding me or moaning.

"Buy me a drink." I bite his ear harder. I feel like I'm in control tonight. I feel good. Or as good as I ever do.

He pulls me down and cups my face with both hands, then he leans his face into mine, his eyes narrowed in mild confusion, and he continues to stare into my eyes as if he's searching for something.

I lean into his palm. It feels warm and soft against my cheek. "What is it?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

"What about Kai?" he asks. He looks like a lost puppy.

I shrug matter-of-factly. "What about him?"

It's true, though. It's not like we're dating and he's my boyfriend or anything. To be honest, other than having to pretend to be his date once in a while for some work related occasions, I don't know what we are. What is Kai to me and what am I to him? This is a question I find myself asking and wanting to ask him from time to time.

"What's up with you today?" He finally asks, and I chuckle into his hand.

I just blink. "What do you mean?"

"What's up with me today?" Now he's talking to himself as realization dawns on him.

"Now only you noticed?" I can't help but smirk.

He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the crowd, towards the bar. He's angry, with himself or with me I can't tell, but I'm getting my way so I don't care. "Since we're breaking all the rules, anyway."

"That's the spirit!"

"Rosé will kill me."

"No, she'll just have me do it." Like how she used me to kill Jin.

He squints suspiciously at me, but I smile and swirl away to get to the drinks faster.

"Only one." He says.

I open my brown eyes wide. I am the picture of innocent earnestness. "Absolutely."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!

It would make my day