six - and greet

chapter vi.
( avengers )

this      fire       is      blazing,
we're     trouble      making,
we     got      you     shaking.
ready set, ready set let's go
ready set let's go sam tinnesz

ready set, ready set let's goready set let's go — sam tinnesz

shield helicarrier
may 3, 2012

I watch Loki from a distance as a large circle of armed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents lead him down the hall and past the lab. He carries himself with such confidence and ease that it's actually unnerving. Before he turns to the corner, he glances back at me and he's still wearing that spine-chilling smirk. I merely scowl in response, but I know that this does absolutely nothing. He's not scared of me. No one is scared of me.

I look to my right and see most of the other people that I've read about from the files in what I believe to be the briefing room. I quietly step through the doorway, feeling a little out of place. After all, the people in this room are incredible beings and I'm just, well, me. Steve Rogers, otherwise known as Captain America, is sitting at the table while Natasha Romanoff, one of the best spies and assassins in the world, is sitting across from him. The man we fought in the forest, Thor, as I've remembered he's called, is standing on the opposite side of the table, resting his arms over his chest. He also happens to be from outer space, which is, you know, kind of great and cool and awesome. He's also kind of a dreamboat, but that's not important.

Then standing nearest to me is Bruce Banner. He's a few years older than my dad and most definitely smarter than I ever will be. He is all that I remember hearing about a few months ago before Dad and I went to go talk to General Ross about the Initiative. A nuclear physicist who was exposed to gamma radiation which ended up making him become an enormous green creature. I've heard so many different perspectives about Bruce Banner. Some call him a criminal, some call him a monster, some call him a scientific mishap, but I can only call him a victim.

I look to the screens on the big table and watch as Director Fury stands outside of Loki's glass, round cell.

"In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass," Director Fury presses a button and suddenly the ground is gone from underneath the round cell.

Loki merely glances down, but he doesn't look frightened at all though. I would be.

"Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap," Fury snaps, "You get how that works?!" the ground closes underneath the cell before Fury points at Loki, "Ant," he then points at the button, "Boot."

I cross my arms over my chest as I remember what Loki had called us back in the facility.

Loki only smirks, walking in a small circle as if inspecting his new prison, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think," he tilts his head with a knowledgeable expression, "for me."