fifteen - a dream or something else? (MID-CREDITS)

chapter xv.
(   end credits   )

oh,   she's sweet  but a psycho
a        little          bit          psycho
at    night       she's    screamin'
i'm-ma-ma-ma out of my mind
sweet but psycho ─── ava max

oh,   she's  sweet  but  a  psychoa        little          bit          psychoat     night       she's     screamin'i'm-ma-ma-ma out of my mindsweet but psycho ─── ava max

stark tower, new york city
may 7, 2012

I can't breathe.

I'm far, far away from home.

Far from any place of safety.

The sky is completely black except for the few stars that shine in the distance. Their light feels cold and white and empty. Nothing like the sun that I know so well and am so far away from. I don't know where I am. No one knows where I am. I'm lost, surrounded by unfamiliar planets and dust. Rocks are suspended in space while a strange staircase leads up to the main one. The rock has rickety pillars surrounding it at all sides while a nearly glowing, blue throne sits in the middle of it.

My feet make soft tapping noises as I rush up the steps, wanting to reach the center of the rock. Attempting to quickly stop, my boots slide across the smooth ground when I see two creatures before me. One towering body sits atop the throne while another stands just a few feet from me, down upon his knee. My heart is thumping hard in my chest and I feel so cold.

"Humans," a voice groans and spits out, "They are not the cowering wretches we were promised! They stand. They are unruly and, therefore, cannot be ruled."

A hand curls until each fingertip presses down against the the throne's armrest. A tall man, a monster, a man so familiar to me now, stands up, facing away from us. The other lets out a quiet sound, dropping his head down in reverence of the monster standing before us. He's afraid of him. I'm afraid of him.

The other's torn lips move through the mask covering his face, "To challenge them is to court," I feel like I am moving in slow motion as my eyes take me from the other and back up to the monster of a man, "death."

"